Chapter 15: Enough of running

Miguel POV

Last night was a disaster. I went to meet the girl that mom forced me to. I even fibbed to Caramel that I will hang out with the guys. If she found out about this, she will think that I was meeting someone new.

That blonde girl didn't look like someone from high society. Well, physically she might look like one but pathetically she behaved like a reporter that kept questioning my personal life. It was the first met and it already overwhelmed me, thinking about the next meeting made me cringe. I'm not sure if I could control myself for the second time.

I received a text from Caramel last night, informing me that she will enjoy her weekend with Cassandra during the weekend. I only notice the text until I got home. I immediately dialed her number but found out that she turned off her phone.

Not having her in the penthouse seems odd. I tried to reach her again this morning but it was the same. Instead of hearing her sweet voice over the line, it was connected to the mail voice. I decided to call Cassandra in case she will allow me to talk to Caramel. Maybe, hearing her voice will make me feel better.

"Hey Miguel," The familiar voice greeted me.

"Hey Cassandra, good morning. Are you with Scarlet right now?" I asked straight to the point.

"Yeah, she is with me. Do you want to talk to her?" I bet she really understands my desire.

"Can you ask her to turn on her phone? I tried to reach her since last night but I can't."

"Oh, but she asks me to tell you that-" she didn't finish her sentence and someone cut her off from afar.

"I'm on holiday, Miguel. I will not on my phone." I heard a voice shouted from behind. It was her voice.

"Cassandra, pass the phone to her, please. I need to talk to her." I urged. No response from her but I heard voices whispering and arguing about something. I couldn't hear the details but it seems like she refused to talk to me. Why is she acting like that?

"What do you want from me?" Finally, she was on the line.

"Why did you refuse to talk to me? Why did you turn off your phone?" I questioned firmly. From the way she talked, it was obviously in anger tone.

"I just want to rest for a few days, without any text, any call, and disturbance." Oh, it hurts.

"You mean I'm disturbing you right now?"

"Yeah, clearly and obviously." She enunciated each word. I sighed with her confession. It spoiled my mood even more.

"Are you angry with me? Have I done anything that made you upset?" I demanded an answer from her but unexpectedly she let out a humorless laugh.

"Why would I get angry with you? I mean, it won't be proper if a worker like me being angry or upset with her boss. It sounds ridiculous." She spat. There must be something behind this.

"So, now we are back to strictly work relationship?" I hide the painful feeling.

"That's what we are since the first day I stepped to that company of yours, boss."

"Caramel," I called her, closing my eyes in a brief moment, hoping that it will calm me and softened her. I don't know why she was acting like this.

"Where are you right now? I will go and pick you up."

"No! I won't tell you. I told you I want to rest for a few days. Just leave me alone. I will come to work on Monday. Don't disturb me, please."

"Caramel-"