Chapter 27: I'm single

Miguel POV

The soft music that echoed in the bar penetrated my ears at the moment I stepped into the bar as we planned for tonight. My legs stroll directly to the VIP corner that was reserved for us. That was what we earned for being a loyal customer in this place; with a single call, the table was ready.

Everyone was there by the time I occupied the empty space next to Tristan. As usual, Manuel being the nosy one was the first person that announced my arrival making everyone averted their attention to me. I can't help but rolled my eyes at his annoying behavior. Sometimes, I wonder if there is any girl out there that can tame the wild side of him.

"Look what the cat dragged in." A smug smile on his face appeared while raising his hand with a glass of drink.

I called for the waiter and ordered a drink. I snatched the glass from Manuel's grip and gulped the drink in one goal causing the strong sensation of the liquid to hurt my throat but it was somehow satisfying.

"Is it better?" He mocked, satisfied with how his behavior affected me.

"It will get better if you keep quiet for a while. I'm wondering if you ever get tired." I knew it doesn't hurt him as that was how we were.

"You know the answer better than me. By the way, I know you need my energy from the devastating day." He rested his hand on my shoulder. The waiter delivered my drink at the time and I took it before leaning my back towards the couch.

We were talking about random topics while indulging in some drinks and music. After a while, Cassandra approached me, I didn't notice when she shifted her seat with Tristan as I was too busy with my emotion.

"Hey, Miguel, I'm sorry that I don't have time to talk to you about her." Only one person that appeared in my mind when she mentioned 'her' and we both knew who it was; the one that I still care for even though she pushed me out from her life.

I gave her a weak smile before responding, "It's okay, I know you were busy with your boyfriend, and he seems to have difficulty letting you out from his sight. It's like you're the air for him to breathe." I glanced over to Carlos, but he was busy talking with the rest of them. Probably, he thought that Cassandra could help to comfort my feeling. That was how he always acts; he doesn't look like someone who cares, but we all knew that he acts like a big brother among us.

"That's not the problem; I can make myself free from him." She retorted while I raised my brows doubting her in a teasing way. She rolled her eyes before both of us let out soft chuckles.

"Now, back to you. I really don't want to ask you this but I can't resist it anymore, are you okay?" Hesitation was clear from her tone but I'm aware that she was concern about me.

"To be frank, I'm still working on it. I mean to accept the bitter truth. No worries, as what people always said, time will heal everything, right?" I wasn't sure about the truth behind that statement, thus, it comes out more like a question.

"You will get better. Don't forget that I'm here if you need someone to talk to."

"I know where I can search for you." I smiled, reassuring her. She patted my palm, soothing me.

"Did she call you for the last few days? Is she doing well there?" The best way to move on should be avoiding anything that related to that person but my heart seems to protest about it.

"She is back to the café. You are that one kind soul that helped her in getting back on her own feet. It will not be easy for her if it wasn't because of you. I really thought there will be something between you two but it looks like God has another plan for now."

I let out a peal of humorless laughter and it was a lie if I said I didn't imagine the picture of me with Caramel in my head hearing her statement.

"Perhaps, you can create one novel and put the character name to be me and her. In that case, you can fulfill your dream about us." I remarked, trying to change the mood. She shook her head in disbelief but I knew she caught the sad tone in the joke.

"I'm curious about what you two were talking about and I'm jealous that Miguel got your attention," Manuel interrupted our conversation and squished his body in between us.

"It should be me if you are talking about jealousy," Carlos butt in which causing his girlfriend to roll her eyes in a cute way.

"Oh, what a jealous freak!" Manuel mocked, in the next second pulling Scarlet closer by her arms but soon was defeated by Carlos. The scene that happened afterward in which Carlos lifted Scarlet from the couch to his lap made three of us let out a belly laugh while Scarlet squealed in shock.

Due to the continuous tease from us, her face was in a deep shade of red. We finally stopped when Carlos warned us but his facial expression said otherwise. He was visibly enjoying the moment.

"Hey, Manuel," a voice took our attention. There were two girls standing behind us and the flirty gazes from them didn't go unnoticed. The playboy never stops to play.

"Finally, both of you are here." He pushed himself from the couch and pulling them into a hug.

"Hey guys, let me introduce my friends, Angela and Chloe." Both of them greeted us with a small wave, "and both of you, please meet Carlos and his lovely girlfriend, Cassandra, and both single and available guys, Tristan and Miguel," he introduced each of us with a grin on his face. We accepted their hands with a handshake.

From the way he enunciated the word 'single and available', I was doubtless that he was up to something and my mind immediately linked it to his statement in the lift earlier. Not long after that, it was confirmed when he made Chloe sat beside me. I sighed in defeat.

Maybe I should just play along since I'm single, and not forget to mention also happen to be available at the same time.

**************************