Chapter 10: Sleepyhead

Miguel POV

I was home after my morning routine-jogging in the park. I was expecting to see her in the kitchen but the house was quiet.

"Haven't woken up yet?" I murmured silently, pulling my legs to her room. I knocked on the door to announce my presence outside her room. I hauled, waiting for her response but no commotion from inside. I repeated, but to no avail.

"Caramel, if you are not answering me, I will enter the room."

I slowly twisted the knob and peeked inside. I saw her lying comfortably on the bed with the duvet covering her petite body. A smile tickled the corner of my mouth watching her in deep slumber. I found myself inched to her, gazing at her sleeping figure.

"Caramel, it's time to wake up," I tried to wake her up again. I bend my body and tapped her shoulder lightly. She didn't move even an inch.

"It's time for breakfast, Caramel," I shook her body but it surprised me when she slapped my hand away with her eyes still closed.

"So, this is the real you, huh, sleepyhead Caramel," I chuckled while removing the loose strands of hair from her face.

"Sleepyhead wakes up. I'm expecting breakfast on the table once I'm back from outside." I tickled her body. She burst out into laughter while her hands tried to catch mine, stopping my action. Her eyes fluttered open and she gawked at me.

"Miguel, stop, stop." She begged, in between her laughter. Despite the fact that I enjoyed her giggles, I stopped once I acknowledged that she was fully awake.

"Good morning?" I greeted in a question to confirm if she is really awake.

"Don't do that again." She huffed while adjusting her position on the bed. I stood beside her bed with my hands tugged in my pockets.

"I figure out your little secret today," I raised my brow.

"What?" She ruffled her hair and it turned out to be a sexy mess with her sleepy eyes.

"Sleepyhead." I teased.

"No, I'm not." She argued. "Grandpa is not up yet. Let me resume my sleep for a while. Today is Saturday anyway, I don't have to work." She rested her body on the bed.

"Grandpa?" I recalled I heard her said that before.

"Yeah, grandpa. Oh, you don't know yet, the sun." She pointed lazily towards the window. I shook my head once I understood what she meant. So, she basically called the sun 'grandpa'.

The room was actually dark due to the thick curtains that covered the big window. I moved to the window and pulled the curtains.

"And now, grandpa is saying good morning to you," I said playfully once I slid the curtains to the end and welcomed the sunlight into the room. The brightness caused her squinted her eyes.

"You are so annoying, Miguel." She snapped irritably and immediately covered her eyes with her palms.

"Look at the time, Caramel. It's considered late for breakfast."

"I don't care about breakfast. I'm not hungry." At the moment she finished her sentence, her stomach unexpectedly betrayed her and let out a loud growl. What a right timing!

"Seem like your mouth and stomach not really in a team." I chuckled at her stubbornness. She slightly slapped her stomach while cussing it silently.

"I regret coming here with you." She pushed herself up from the bed and the next second threw a pillow to me. Noticing that I won't let her go easily, she quickly escaped and stomped to the bathroom.