Chapter 9: Stay

Scarlet POV

I waited for Miguel outside his room since he didn't arrive yet. I dressed in a knee-length blue dress and make sure my face didn't look pale. I put my hair in a bun to make it neat. Don't even ask me how I awake this morning; I barely sleep last night thinking about my fate in the new city with a new life.

"My lovely morning view, you are here Caramel." The most annoying voice penetrated my ears.

I lifted my head to look at him. He was standing near the couch beside me.

"You should wait inside." He told me pointed at his room.

"Since your secretary said I'm not allowed to enter the room, so here I am waiting for you outside," I told him with a shrug.

"I love the sound of you waiting for me, but let me make something clear." He smiled devilishly and the next second walked to his secretary's desk. I stood behind him watching his every movement.

"Patricia, next time please make sure Scarlet stays inside my room, and from now on she will share the office room with me." My eyes widened as his words hit me.

He approached me with a satisfied look on his face. He pulled my hand, making me walked behind him closely. I wriggled my hand out of his grip once we entered his room.

"What are you doing? Why did you do that?" I tried to understand his action.

"Do what?"

"Telling your secretary to allow me to enter the room and sharing room with you."

"Oh, this is not the first time we are sharing a room, Caramel." I quickly covered his naughty mouth with my hand and turning my gaze around. Luckily the door was closed behind us and no one could hear him.

"How many times I told you not to mention that again. People might think that I'm an escort girl." I warned him again and he just nodded. I slowly let go of my hand once I felt he won't repeat that again.

"That is the truth, we shared a room before!" He exclaimed and ran away from me as he knew that I will clamp his mouth again.

"Mr. Miguel Rodríguez!" I shouted his name.

"Repeat that again." I noticed the warning tone that he used.

"Mr-" he cut me off. In a quick speed, he was now standing in front of me.

"I dare you to say it." He inched his face toward me.

"Say my name, Caramel." He commanded, brushed his nose to mine. My breath hitched instantly and out of nowhere a part of memory in the café played in my head. I parted my lips.

"Wa-wait, you. I remember you." I exclaimed. I took a step backward to secure my lips. "You came to the café before, don't you?" I remembered a guy that kept asking me to call his name instead of greeted him with 'sir'.

"That is you, right?" I asked again since he stayed silent.

"I waited so long for you to remember." He confessed with a smile.

"And, you called me Caramel, too." I murmured to myself. No wonder that sounds familiar to my ears.

"And?" He stepped closer.

"And what?" I looked at him with a confused look, unsure what he expected from me.

"That's all you remember?"

"Why, is there anything that I missed out?" I threw him back the question.

He sighed with a bit of disappointment on his face. "More to come, Caramel."