Chapter 4: Don't hurt her!

After six weeks

Miguel POV

"Hey Miguel, what are you doing in London?" Manuel called earlier this morning. He might notice that I extended my work trip for another three days. They assigned me to come and examined the progress of the new hotel and I took this chance to do something personal.

"I just want to rest, bro, strolling around the city for a few days not a bad idea since I already arrived here," I told him over the phone but didn't mention the real reason for my extra days here.

"I thought you were seeing someone there like Carlos." He said jokingly with a chuckle at the end. I gulped at his random assumption.

"Nothing like that. I just want to have a few days away from the city especially from you that keep budging me." I snickered but didn't mean it that way.

"Aww, that's hurt." He chided, faking his sad voice.

"Got to go, bro. I will enjoy my few days here." I said and we ended the call afterward.

Instead of staying at our hotel in the city, I decided to settle in one of the hotels near the café with fifteen minutes walking distance. I decided to drop by the café since my work will start only a few hours later. It was a free time for me, so I decided on a casual outfit; a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath and paired with ripped black jeans.

I arrived there after a short walking distance from the hotel. I used to jog every day so it won't be any problem for me. I padded into the coffee shop but disappointment stroked me when my eyes caught the guy standing behind the counter instead of my Caramel. Nevertheless, I still walked towards him.

"Hi, sir. What do you like to order?" The guy asked me politely with a genuine smile on his face. Judging from his young appearance, he might be a part-timer.

"Give me one Brulé Caramel Coffee and sandwich," I ordered immediately while running my eyes around the café. I seldom settle for sweet things but the taste reminded me of her, so I wanted to try it again for today.

"Ok, please wait for a while, sir. We will serve you soon."

"Where is the owner of the coffee shop? Is she here today?" I inquired when she was nowhere to be seen.

"Scarlet?"

"Yes, Caramel." I nodded and said the last word in a low tone.

"Oh, she is sitting upstairs." He pointed his index finger upstairs.

"Okay, can you bring my food upstairs later? I will be sitting there."

"Sure, be right there." I paid the money and headed towards the second floor. I felt my heart was pounding loudly the moment I was closer to that area. Can't recall the last time someone caused me to be in this nervous state.

I let my sight wandered freely in an attempt to spot her. Only a few tables were on the second floor and not all the tables were occupied so it was easy to find her. A smile appeared on my face by the time my eyes spot her sitting at the same place where I saw her for the first time. She was sitting there with one woman that was in the mid of her 40s. The table behind her was empty, so I strode there silently, choosing the seat that was facing her.

My order was placed on the table soon. Meantime, I can't help but bringing myself into their conversation. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I can't ignore the stress that clouded her face. It was clear that there was something unpleasant between them and the curiosity got the best out of me. At this point, I totally ignore the fact that 'curiosity kills a cat'.