Chapter 02

I looked at the mirror image and put on a smile.
The dark blue dress which mom selected last weekend looked good on me. I let my wavy hair rest on my back.

"Want some help with makeup?" mom asked.

"Zipper first" I replied and she helped me with it.

"I knew this dress would look good on you" she said with a smile.

She was more excited. Last weekend she spent hours with me to buy stuff eventhough she's one of the busiest people I know.

I prefer light makeup.

"Some help with the eyeliner? " I asked.

"Oh! hold for a sec."

After the job done I helped myself with a light lipstick and took my one last look in the mirror and went downstairs.

"Here goes my pretty babe" mom said making me blush

"Who's this cutieee"my brother teased. He's always willing to activated my hidden bomb.duh!

I grabbed my purse and phone and ran to our car.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to run when you are wearing heels? It will twist your ankel"

"Mom stop nagging. Please give a ride to this innocent soul" I said making puppy eyes which made my mom laugh.

And I was at the entrance. School looked stunning. I glanced at the banner, 'Homecoming 2020'

'Just arrived. where are you?' I texted Kat.

'We're in the right corner.Come here'she texted back and I went inside.

I headed towards the hall and went inside.
Almost everyone had arrived. Music was good. I took a look around the hall. Lighting was perfect.I prefer dark it brings me a party mood. Weird huh! Everyone was excited and stunning. I was searching for my besties.

"Hello! What are you staring at?" Emi asked.

"Admiring the beauty I guess. Lol!" I said with a smirk.

"Both of you look pretty" I said while giving them a hug.

"You too." Kat said.

"Stop wasting time here. Let's go partyyyy" Emi said while dragging us both.

We had some drinks while having some girls' talk with our classmates.

There the dance began. I always loved the way it begins. From the calmest tracks to DJ!!!

"Let's do some dance moves babe" Emi dragged us to the dance floor.
One more thing about Emi; she is a dancing queen while I'm an amateur. After some crazy moves I stepped out. I watched my two queens dancing. I saw two seniors inviting them. After a while I got bored so I stepped out to have some fresh air.

I let my legs to take me wherever they wanted and I ended up in the entrance of the wood behind our high. Back then Sophomores used to say stupid stuff like 'Don't go to the woods.Spirits are still resting' Just to scare us.

I don't know why I end up here but my legs still took me inside like my legs got attracted to some magnets.

"Well... well... well... Finally you are here" a secretive voice uttered.

I turned over to look who it was. I felt some shivers running through my body. And I had this ominous feeling probably thanks to all horror movies I had watched.

It was an old women, more like a witch with a crooked nose described in those stories.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I uttered with a cracked voice.

"May be the least harmful person you ever met."she replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm way more harmless compared to you"

"Stop your riddles. You dragged me here?"

"You are brains. But practically I didn't drag anyone here.
You came with your own foot."

And I frowned.

"Okay okay, I admit the fact that I used my power to lure you here"

"For what purpose?"

"Because I'm in the edge. I can't just end my life without seeing you become stronger"

"What the hell are you talking about" I asked wrinkling my forehead further."

"As you still haven't discovered who you truly are, I have to do this conversation."she continued making a serious face.

"It's rare to find gifted hands like yours."she said while giving a look at my hands.

" This world is full of terrors it's just hidden in the darkness until the time comes. Humans just cover the bitter truth saying they are just folk stories but they really exist."

"Why are you saying all this to me? What about my hands"

" Girl, the creatures who born with human hearts and psychic ability are the strongest."

"What psychic ability?" I questioned

"Just look at your hands silly girl" she grinned.

And I looked at my pale hands and they were .......... on F-I-R-E
But I didn't feel any warmth. No hot radiation I just felt my hands were normal as always.
"déjà vu?" I said to myself as something came to my mind which I believed as just a dream.

"So, what do you think?"she asked after watching this whole drama.

"You are telling me that I can create fire."

"Of course you can. You also can control it too" with a grin.

"And my work is done here. Time to go. Good bye Miss.Reyes"

"Uh! One more thing.' It's only a line between dark and light. You can cross the line if you want.It's you who choose your future' Remember that and good bye" she vanished into the thin air.

"Wait what?"

It's was only me standing there with a perplexed mind.
I gave another look at my hands and whatever.... I have to find my way back. I muttered to myself.

I went inside the hall. I searched the dancing floor but no trace of Kat and Emi. So I texted both asking where they were.
And I saw them walking towards me.

"Where the hell did you go!!!" Kat asked in a fierce tone.

"Just wanted to have some fresh air." At leased I must act normal unless these two would go crazy.

"Just wanted to have some fresh air???" Emi exploded.

"What walking made you ignore our calls? We were worried about you" she continued.

And I eyed at my phone and "THIRTY SEVEN MISS CALLS!!!!!"and it was my turn to freak out.

"That old lady must be really something." I thought.
"AH. . It was in the silent mode" I lied. I didn't want them to worry.

And I came home. I locked my door as I wanted to try my new power. I tried to create some fire. First there was none. Then few sparks and now I created a flame dancing on my hand. And I wanted to try one more thing. "Can I set fire on anything?" And accidentally my hand slipped and some papers in my dustbin were caught in to fire.

"AH damn it" I groaned and somehow I managed to stop it.

"Are you still up?" Mom yelled.

"Ah! yeah! Going to sleep now. Goodnight mom" I yelled back while saying myself "it was so close"

**********************************************************
She discovered her powers. What next? Is she gifted or cursed?
Hehe vote and comment 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊