Chapter 05

I opened my eyes. Everywhere was dark and my head hurts. I was on a bed but not mine. I tried to remember what happened. I felt like some flash went through my head. It began to restore my memory.

'I was at a party; Alex's party. I was with Kat. Then Alex came to me. He was talking to me.' like that memories flowed to me.

There came a sound of shuffling feet. And it didn't give me any optimistic thoughts.

'What should I do? Pretend like sleeping? May be I'll be at loss if I stay like that. I'll be an easy target.' I thought.

Then the door was opened and the owner of the foot steps switched on the lights.

"Thank God you are awake. I thought I gave you the wrong herbs."the stranger started his talking.

He had tousled black hair which was thick and lustrous. His crescent of moon eyebrows were thin and narrow. His eyes were ocean blue which made me want to swim inside. They shone brightly like two sapphires. And those seductive lips were babbling something which I didn't  hear.

"Ah, sorry! I'm Aiden, Aiden Keyes."he uttered after noticing I'm staring at him.

"Oh! I'm Becky, Becky R-e-"

"I know. It's Becky Reyes right? We are in the same class."he said with a smile.

"Wait what! We are in the S-A-M-E C-L-A-S-S?" I blurt out.

'Seriously I was busy with fangirling stuff and reading so I never noticed such a handsome classmate. Way to go Becky.' I said to myself.

"Ah don't trouble yourself. I'm new to this city. Just transferred and I kept a low profile. So don't blame yourself."he cheered me up.

"So what is this place? How did I get here?"slipped out of my tongue.

"Well, this is my house. And welcome to my room"

"You live alone?" I asked even though it was the least important thing I needed to know.

"No with my mom and dad. They had to attend some business so they are out of the town right now. Mom wanted me to make new friends so I stayed."

" So you know Pyrokinesis right?"he asked.

"Pyro what?"

"Look!" He showed me a bright flame dancing on his palms. "You are like me. You can create it and control it."he continued.

"How did you know?"

"Well here's the long story short. Brandon told something came up and he left early and after some time I was bored so I went out to get some fresh air and saw you guys. Before that I noticed Alex was acting weird so I followed you two and I happened to overhear your conversation. Sorry about that. I know it's not good to eavesdrop but it helped me to save you so I don't regret."

"Save me from him?" I asked.

"Of course! He lured you to that place and he had already knew your answer so he had put something in your drink to control you."

"You mean he poisoned me?"

" It's was deadly nightshade. But a very small amount." He added.

"DEADLY NIGHTSHADE!!!!! It's one of the most poisonous herbs right? How come I still alive?"

"It can paralyse the involuntary muscles and deadly for ordinary people. But a small amount won't do that much harm to us. Our immunity is kinda high."he continued.

"May be Alex already knew it won't work but it still useful to kidnap you so in my point of view, he didn't intend to kill you but to make you stand with him. But unfortunately he didn't expect me there."said with a grin.

"I think Alex is not a normal guy. Is he also like us?" I asked as I was confused.

"Nope. I felt the aura of a dark spirit. I think a dark spirit is inside the Alex's body."he answered.

"May be the spirit of Alex is already dead. I don't know."he added.

"So you in the good side?" I asked.

"I guess. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me."he said with an assuring smile.

"It's not our fault to be born like this but it would be our fault if we stand in the dark."he added.

"By the way, you want to tell your parents? They must be worried."he said in a gentle voice.

"They are out of the town. I'm supposed to be at my best friend's place."

"Here's your phone you had dropped this while walking with Alex." And he gave my phone.

I dialed Kat's no.

"Where the hell did you go this time!!!!"she started without even saying hello.

"Kat, listen to me, Can you please go to Emi's place after the party. I'll come and explain everything. Don't ask anything okay. I'll come to her place tomorrow morning and explain you guys okay?"

"Something up? Are you okay?" Her voice told me how worried she was.

"Nothing serious. Just do as I say. I promise you that I'll explain this whole thing. Good night" and I hung up.

"Will they understand?" He asked.

"I don't know" I replied.

"I think it wouldn't be that good to go outside with those clothes. Let me wash your T shirt." He said. And that was when I noticed that I was such a mess.

"Here, I bought it yesterday so you can wear this."he said while handing me a black  Nike T shirt. And he was wearing a worried face as he knew that I was going to refuse.

"Okay. Can I have some privacy?" I asked.

"Sure." And he left the room.

The T shirt was big enough to cover half of  my thighs and it was the moment I noticed how tall he was.

"Thank you and sorry for troubling you." I said while handing over my T shirt.

"It looks good on you. Have some rest. Ask anything if you need. I'll be in the next room. I'll drop you at your friend's place. Good night"he said and I heard the sound of opening the next room's door."

And I sit on the bed thinking how to explain this whole thing to my besties.

**************************************************
Will Kat and Emi understand her?
Will they still prefer to hang out with her after revealing who she really is?

See you in next chap😊😊😊😊😊