Chapter 17

Aiden's POV

It's been two weeks. It feels like ages we last talked. I still can't figure out a way to put all those things together. I don't know how to face her. I was so pissed when she told me that she couldn't remember anything. May be it's my ego. I just can't confess what happened between us on the other day. If I tell her the truth I'm afraid that she would take me as one of those jerks who take advantage of drunk girls. Because I'm not one of them. And I don't want her to take me as one.

This time I decided to take the airport instead of my dad's private jet. But it doesn't feel like a good idea. I'm still trapped in my thoughts. I thought I would be distracted when I got into somewhere crowded. I agreed to go on this trip to mend myself or let's just say I'm hiding from it. And I feel my mom staring at me who is sunk in the mess I made. May be I should start it over. I should have just confessed how I felt when gifting the necklace. Necklace... Damn it! I forgot give her the combination to unlock it. Did she just break it off and throw away? I'm not in a position to blame her anyway.

'Um..' my mom cleared her throat after she's done watching me.

"You like that girl. Don't you?"she asked.

"Who? No no I don't." I denied. I'm pretty sure my nostrils were flaring.

"Aiden, you don't have to hide it son. Your every move says yes" she said with the warmest smile I know. And her eyes were glowing.

"Um.. I don't know." I said flatly as I wanted to hide my embarrassment.

"Do you know? I was so surprised when you agreed to hangout with her when we went her place for the first time. And the look you have when you are with her" she continued but I cut her off.

"How do I look?" I asked impatiently. "Do I look weird?" I added.

"Not at all. You just look happy and secured. I have only seen you like that ages ago. Before you got that" she sighed looking at my hands.

"So I looked weird before coming here?" I asked. Jesus! I don't want to have this conversation right now.

"Well, I didn't mean that. I'm just happy for you. Your eyes were glowing like you got some interesting fiction which you don't want to put down until you read the last word. You look at her like you are reading her."she said and I was dumbstruck.

"Okay okay you can just ask her out after coming back. Now concentrate on what's about to happen. Tonight! May be we are going to add some pages into Keyes Internationals' history."she said showing her excitement.

I looked at my phone and pressed the power button but I changed my mind. I still have an hour to go. I put it in my pocket and when I was just about to take my hand out, it vibrated. I took it with excitement hoping it was Becky. But it wasn't.  It was Kat. I got a text from her.

'I know you are flying soon but I thought I should tell you about this. Something seems not right. I think Becky is in danger and I think you were right about Alex. Sorry about bothering but I think we all will be regretting if I don't tell. We still can't get a clue where she went. I think the text she sent me is a scheduled one cuz I know her the best. And that says we are running out of time.' the text said and it included the screenshot of the text Becky sent to her.

I found my thoughts running wild. 'Why is this happening now?' I wanted to scream but I manged to control myself.

"Aiden, what's wrong?"mom asked and I read her worried expression.

"Mom if you have two things that matters but you only got the chance to choose one.. what will be your choice?" I asked as I didn't know what to choose.

"Well, I'll abandon the thing which cause less regret" mom said trying to hide the eager to know what's going on.

"Sorry mom. I think I have to go" I said with uncertainty but she nodded.

*************************************************
Did Aiden made a wise choice?

See you in next chap😊😊😊😊😊