Chapter 11

It's already 11pm but I still can't get that memory out of my head. I was rolling on my bed tossing my pillows. I have never felt this way. I close my eyes and try to distract myself but I can't. Every time I close my eyes, his pink seductive lips and the minty taste are blended  together and revolving around my head. It's totally driving me crazy. The thing gets on my nerves most is that Aiden didn't show up after that incident. He left me on that God damn underground gym. I know he didn't intend to happen that but at least he should have stayed there. Without a shadow of doubt, it's not his first time I guess. He must have dated dozens of girls when he was  in Seattle. His ocean blue eyes and his flawless face are the perfect proofs.

Before I grasp what I'm doing, I had already dialed Kat's number and I hear her drowsy voice saying hello.

"What's up Becky?"she asked.

"What do you think if your friend accidentally trip over you and both of you guys' lips meet and after a moment your friend disappears without even apologising " my tongue slipped before I could catch my breath. Seriously what's wrong with me.

"If it's an accident there is no one to blame. The friend must be not having any other feelings and may be that's why he or she left. May be they got embarrassed or something as they were friends after all. So who tripped on you?" Kat smirks. I can imagine that victorious grin plastered on her face right now.

"Um.. it's not me. I was just reading a manga and the female lead's friend tripped over her and in a split second he gets up and disappears when she was still on the ground. And the manga is ongoing and I don't know what is going to happen next." I lied. 'When did I learned to lie like this?' I asked myself.

"What the hell are you saying?"she screamed on the phone making me jump out of my bed."BECKY REYES!!! Are you calling me at 2 am just because you are worried about two manga characters???? If you don't have anything to worry, just think about the penguins who are loosing their habitat right now!!" I can hear the anger through the phone. It's crystal clear that she is not sleepy anymore. 'It's 2 am???? Damn it.' I thought.

"Sorry Kat. I just didn't know that it was this late. Sorry about waking you up." I  apologised.

"It's not okay.You totally ruined my dream I was watching."she chuckled. I guess she has forgiven me. "By the way we are hanging out at Emi's place tomorrow. I tried to call but your phone was switched off. So now put that damn manga away and go to sleep. I gonna kill you tomorrow if you call me one more time just because you feel bad for a female lead."she laughed before hanging up.

'It was so close.' I thought. I switched off my lamp and covered myself by the blanket. 'It was just an accident. I can't loose my friend.' I said to myself before shutting my eyes.

                     *************************************
I was sitting on the Emi's couch with Kat. Emi was browsing 'Enola Holmes' which was released two weeks ago. We couldn't catch a time to watch it until now. And finally we are going to watch. I'm a fan of Millie Brown. Most probably because I'm a huge fan of  Stranger Things. Brandon and Aiden hasn't come yet. Hope I won't be awkward in front of him.

We started a girls' talk until they come. Kat was telling us that her cousins coming next weekend and she has to babysit. Emi was talking about a new TV series she started watching.

"Um.. Aiden is going to teach me self defence." I revealed them. And there eyes were wide open.

"What?!!" Emi manged to say before her jaw dropped.

"He thinks that I'm still in danger or something "

"But you have that thing to protect you right?" Kat asked pointing my palms.

"Yeah but I was on the ground when he found me. Eventhough I had it." I sighed.

"Aiden doesn't know about you. Does he?" Emi asked and I nod.

"He had seen it before reaching me. He had seen the whole picture." I said.

"And he still helped you without going crazy after what he saw." Kat asked.

'Why would he go crazy? There is no difference between us if we talk about that power. We are the same' I wanted to tell them but I kept it to myself. I just nodded to Kat without telling anything. Brandon entered while I was lost in my thoughts.

"What were you guys talking about?"he asked probably noticing my dull expression.

"Umm.. Nothing special just some random things." I said as I didn't want to see him freaking out by telling what we talked about. I really don't know whether he knows about Aiden. I didn't want to put our friendship on the line. And I saw a red Ferrari was stopped right behind Brandon's car.

"I never noticed any ferrari owner in our neighbourhood." Emi said making her lips O shaped.

"It must be Aiden." Brandon chuckled.

"Aiden owns a Ferrari? He is only sixteen or may be seventeen." Kat said holding her breath.

"It was his seventeenth birthday present from his dad." Brandon said casually.

"Aiden is a kid born with a silver spoon or something?" Emi asked with disbelief.

"His dad is the CEO of Keyes Internationals. You guys didn't know? He told Becky's mom works under him."he told and Emi and Kat was glaring at me.

"Um.. he said something like keeping a low profile when we first met and I didn't know whether it's good to reveal his identity." I said looking at the wooden floor.

"Yeah I was going to reveal it soon. I didn't really had the right timing. And you guys treated me as a friend even without knowing who I really am. And I'm sorry about hiding it." Aiden said breaking the silence which was revolving in the room. I don't know from which point he was standing at the door way and listening. And he gives me the warm smile he gave me when we first met.

"As I'm here why do you guys wait? Let's watch the movie."he said entering and he sat next to Brandon and Emi played the movie.

After watching the movie I headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and Aiden followed me.

"Sorry about what happened earlier I didn't want to put you into that kind of situation. And also for being a jerk, yesterday. I had no idea that something like that would come. We are still friends right?"he  said with the nicest voice but it sounded the uncertainty too. But it had the power enough to melt all my anger I had yesterday.

"Of course we are friends. We both know it was an accident." I said laughing. Even I can't believed is it the same me who hated Aiden for the whole night.

************************************************
What do you think about Aiden's reaction?

See you in next chap 😊😊😊