Chapter 16

My world looks like a bottomless abyss which suffocates me. It feels like my world is shuttered into pieces but I can't pick up the pieces to put together. I was accustomed to the loneliness but now it's killing me. I felt at home even when I had only two friends. But now everything has changed. Everything seems different. May be this is the feeling of loosing a friend. Some feeling I have never felt until now.

It's been two weeks after my birth day. The day everything was ruined. Still his words echo in my head. Don't get drunk . NEVER!!!
I don't know what exactly went wrong. I can't remember anything. After he hung up he never talked with me. Our lunch periods turned into  the most horrific thing. The silence around us makes me difficult to breathe. He just sit with us but doesn't talk with me. It's the longest time which  I haven't talk with someone who is close to me. What the hell did I miss? Today, he's flying to France for some business matter and he didn't even say goodbye. No one has ever treated me this way. I have no idea about how long I can keep up with this. This coldness makes me feel like freezing to death.

I sank into my thoughts while going to my locker. As I opened my locker door, something landed on my sneakers. I gazed down to find what flew down to the floor.

It was a small white card. I leaned down to pick. The card was empty. I turned it over. But there was nothing. 'What the hell is this?'I feaked out. I saw people in the hallway glaring at me but I don't care. I looked around to spot anyone watching me but I could see none. I put the card in my locker and took my literature text. There was a blue sticky note pasted on it.

It said  "Use the thing you hide to figure out it"

'It doesn't make any sense.' I said to myself but when I was closing the door, I got it. The white card. It is the thing the sticky note refering to.

Is this thing from Aiden? But he's not this mysterious right? When I thought about it, I never thought that he could be cold so may be he is a mystery too. I couldn't wait until Kat and Emi come. I ran home and locked my door.

Some thing popped into my head. I remember once Aiden said that we can read the hidden things by our power. But I have never tried it. It's now or never.

I looked at the card for one last time and I let my dancing flame to take it in. First, it was curling like a burning polythene but my flames merely burned the corners. I saw a letter appear as my flame caught the middle of the card. It was glowing. The letter was red just like some iron met its melting point.

Meet me at 4:00. Don't be early nor late. Someone's life depends on you. Act rashly and someone will pay the price. It would be nice to meet you in the wood where you got what you have now. I said that  the stars only shine in the dark Remember?

Alex!!!!

I said and I collapsed on my bed. Aiden was right. I felt like some sting pinching back of my head. This was something I never wanted to happen. I don't know who he got. Is it Kat? Emi? And I didn't know that there was still some pieces of me which are not broken but now they are.

I made a schedule message to Kat; 'I think something is wrong. Aiden was right about it. I don't know what is going to happen but I think it's really bad. When I return don't get close to me because may be I won't be the one I really am. May be I'll hurt you. I'm sorry'

I grabbed my grey hoodie and took one last look at myself. May be it's today. The day, my nightmares gonna come alive.

It was 3:45 when I arrived the gate of the wood; the entrance of whatever tragedy waiting for me. I sighed. The cold winds were brushing me. I took my step forward and entered to welcome my fate.

As I moved forward, I recognised the trees which I saw last time. Further I move, the darker it gets. I have an ominous feeling but there is no turning back. I passed the herbs and now the trees are taller. Probably I'm in the middle of it and I continued.

I felt a cold touch in my wrist. It was colder than the breeze. More like some food in the freezer. And I was panicked.

"What a punctual girl you are" the owner of the hand replied before I turn to see who it is. But I already recognised his voice. Alex!

"What do you want?" I demanded trying to hide my fear.

"Of course you know what I want. Didn't I make it clear last time?" I noticed his eyes were glowing. " Let me introduce who gonna make company" he said and my eyes darted towards the place he was pointing. And I saw who it was. It's none other than Chris. The easiest target for Alex. His hands and legs were tied. I don't know whether he's unconscious.

"Let him go. It's me you need. Not him." I screamed. But his smirk was boiling my blood inside.

************************************************

What will be here fate?

See you in next chap 😊😊😊😊