Chapter 07

Four days passed. Still the two seats are empty. One seat.. I want it to be occupied while I want the other one to be empty... forever. I was looking at those seats which I never bothered to look at back then.

"Looks like someone miss someone." Emi smirked while elbowing Kat.

"It's not like that."

"Nothing like what?" Kat asked to tease me.

"Nothing like whatever nonsense you guys going to say next."I smirked.

And Mr.Miller was looking at our direction so we stopped our little chitty chatty.

And finally it was the lunch. We three were heading towards the cafeteria. A stranger's hand landed on my shoulder. It was heavy enough to conclude that the owner of the hand is a guy. And we three turned around.

And it was the last person I wanted to see holding my shoulder. Nope the one before the last. It was Chris.

"Hi what's up?" I said flatly as I didn't know what the hell he wanted from me.

"What's going on between you and Alex?"he questioned me.

"Nothing is going on. Why do you ask?" I was irritated.

"Curiosity I suppose."he said with a grin.

"Nice cliché. But have you ever heard that curiosity kill cats." I said while trying to move ahead.

"And that was brutal" Emi said as it was the first time I was that rude.

"Is it you who broke his nose? And are you the reason for his absence?he yelled. And it startled me. I stopped.

"What the hell are you saying? Of course I heard what happened at the party but there's nothing to do with me, okay? Plus why would I do that to him?" I replied.

"I saw you two hanging out in the party and you guys went outside and later he came with a blooded face and you were disappeared. Don't you think your disappearance is quite suspicious?"

"Yeah we got to know each other at the party but I have nothing to do with his nose. May be you found it suspicious but I had my own reasons and I left early." I said.

"He's my friend and I was worried."he said in a broken tone which gave me surprise.

I knew him since we were kids and he was never worried about anyone. All he did was studying for his good grades. He never hangout with anyone or never cared to have a friendship. He was  like a prince who was obsessed with himself. And this saying was nothing like him so I couldn't believe my ears.

"Well, may be he's your friend but he's not what he pretends to be. I'm saying this as a friend. Be careful." I finally managed to utter this but he walked away.

"I feel pity" Emi said breaking the silence.

"Let's go! I'm starving." I said.

"So will he take your words?" Kat asked while heading to our usual table.

"I don't know. Let's hope nothing is going to happen to Chris." I sighed.

And I felt kinda guilty about not hanging out with him all these years even when we knew each other for a long time.

"Stop staring at your tray. I thought you were starving." Kat said reminding me where I was.

**************************************************
Is Alex hiding from her?
Is Chris in danger?
Did Becky misunderstand him all this time?

Btw what do you think about Chris?

Short chap right?
See you in next chap 😊😊😊😊