Chapter 04

I was staying at Kat's place as my parents went on a business trip. I really enjoyed sleepovers with her since kindergarten. I was lying on her bed reading a manga and she kicked my butt.

"Put that damn manga away and get ready."she yelled.

"Get ready? Are we supposed to go somewhere? " I asked.

"You don't remember? Alex is throwing a party tonight" and I could notice how excited she was.

Alex had invited our whole class. Most probably he wanted to make friends with us as he was new to our city. And I really wanted to keep my distance from him because of what happened the other day. It still gives me goosebumps. But I didn't want Kat to worry so I stood up and put on a crop T shirt and ripped jeans.

His front yard was lighted up and the music was loud. Most of our friends had arrived and they had already begun to get drunk. And I saw Emi hanging out with some girls from our class.

"Just arrived? Join us" she asked waving her hand like she was going to fly.

"Sure" Kat replied while dragging me towards them.

"Let's play truth or dare." Bonny suggested.

"Count us in" Mike said with a grin.

"Jesse, truth or dare?" Bonny asked.

"Truth"

"Who was your first non celeb crush? "

"Non celeb right? Chris obviously"

"Steve, truth or dare?" Jesse asked.

"Dare" he said playfully.

"Um... I dare you to show your most embarrassing pic in your phone."

And the game was fun until...

"Becky, truth or dare?" Sam asked.

"Truth" I replied.

"Who is the owner of most beautiful eyes you have ever seen?"

And it brought those memories back. I wanted to pass that question but I didn't want others to see me being awkward so I replied.

"Ian Somerhalder" I replied with a grin.

"It's supposed to be someone non celeb!!!" Sam yelled.

"You never asked" I said with a chuckle.

"You guys having fun?"a new voice came behind me. So I turned around to find who it was. It was Alex. And I found it was kind of uncomfortable to sit there so I excused myself saying I wanted to use the bathroom.

"Let me show you the way." Alex offered with a nice smile.' May be I just misunderstood him.' I thought to myself.

And he was standing in the kitchen holding two cups.

"Want some drinks? "

"Sure" I replied with a smile.

"You don't like this?"

"Ah, no this is cool. It's just I'm not a party girl.. you know."

"Want to see something?"asked putting on his brightest smile.

"Okay." I said while sipping my drink.

He led his way to the backyard and I just noticed that the backyard was bigger than the front. And he continued his walking and paused.

"Hey, come here and look up." He said.

Then I stood next to him and looked up. The sky was dark but the stars were still bright. 'He must be a really nice guy I shouldn't have mistaken him.' I said to myself.

"It's pretty." I said involuntarily.

"See those stars. They can be only seen when it's dark. When there is light they have no value. Just like you. As long as you keep your powers to yourself you will be like these stars. Useless."he uttered.

'Does he know my secret?' I asked myself.

"Stand with me I'll make sure you can be brighter than the sun. And let's make this world ours. And it's not you who should be feared of your powers but the people out there. We can tear apart the people who stand against us." He continued.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I didn't want to believe my ears.

"You know what I mean. Don't act dumb." And he wasn't smiling anymore.

"What if I reject this offer?"said with a smirk hiding my left hand which had a dancing flame.

"Well, there you have some consequences."he smirked.

"May be revealing your little secret will do. You know our whole class is here."he grinned.

And I attacked him but he got me. He pressed my wrist with his hands. It was a hard grip I couldn't escape I felt like my blood circulation just stopped. I was in pain and I felt dizzy. And the
whole world went dark.

************************************************
How did Alex got to know about her secret?
Will she remain in the light?
Is her secret not a secret anymore?

See you in next chap😊😊😊😊😊