1. I'll love you to death.

Chapter 1: From now on, I'll love you to death.

The boy's footsteps on the stone floors echoes across the dark corridor. His velvet, wine robe waved behind him, flowing with his speed and tall, confident stature. A grin slowly formed on his face, growing wider as he neared the giant door that had a ray of golden light seeping through its small opening.

"What about the men in Merlot?" A man sitting on a throne-like seat spoke, his voice thundering within the walls of the room.

"The bastard got to them," replied another man with gritted teeth. He was sat beside him, as they conversed in a meeting.

"And the western base?"

"...All wiped out."

At this reply, the man on the throne tightened his grip on his grail, denting the gold.

"That one had most of our men. How the fuck did he get all of them?"

"Did he take the army?" A woman asked and the man answering shook his head.

"...He went alone."

The angry man growled and threw his disformed golden grail against the antique mirror. The sharp sound of glass shattering into pieces resounded, making a few people jump.

"I want the emperor!" He muttered, his voice low but everyone heard it. They all agreed.

"Yes! He's gone too far!"

"He keeps getting in our way!"

"I want him brought before me, in rags and pieces." Encouraged, the man continued to speak, his voice getting louder and more confident with each word. "I want him to kneel before me and I will step on his fucking head. I'll show him my power!"

"Oh? So do it."

A new voice snaked its way into the commotion; it was velvety, sweet and powerful. Everyone turned to face the sound, but there was no one stood there. Instead, the voice now poured from beside the man on the throne.

"What are you waiting for?" The black-haired boy smiled, and the people were momentarily captivated at his sight. At the silence, he cocked his head. "What is it? You wanted me, and here I am." He leaned down, too close to the man, making him subconsciously lean back. The man could see the boy's sharp features; his sleek nose, defined jawline as well as... the blood on his cheek.

The man gulped and the guards around the room all took out their weapons, aiming and ready to attack the boy any moment. But he didn't even flinch. Instead, there was a glint in his irises; eyes that were like deep pools of blood. The man saw a corner of his lip twitch. Almost as if he was... excited.

This entire time, the people in the room were quiet. They hadn't intended to be; this was the last thing they wanted, but for some reason... The sight of the great sun of the empire, the very man they were just talking about... the sight of him in this room right before their eyes had all of them shaken. It was the way he appeared, the way he stood so easily in an enemy's lair, as if it was just any old pub at the corner of the road. It was his face, which was so ethereal and captivating, along with his eyes that no other person in this entire empire could have; the symbol of the Imperial Family Of Sorin.

Those very blood eyes glanced over them and just like that they were frozen by the power in them; in that one glance. They dared not move. But it was too late for them.

"Around thirty here... I wonder which way I should..." He looked back at the man to ask him a question. "Hey, do you like blood?"

The man on the throne didn't reply. But the boy didn't really give him a chance to, anyway. "You must like blood. Choosing the path you did, you must like the sight right?" The boy's lips twisted into a grin, showing his canines. "Me too." He licked his lips, his fingers at the hilt of his sword, a sort of madness taking over his eyes. "I'll give you a good show."