9. Madness shared a secret.

Chapter 9: Madness shared a secret with me. It told me to care too much and not to care at all. Now I'm trapped hahaha it won't stop haha break me break me now break me

"Rezel?"

"Fuck..."

"What the fuck is going on? How the heck are you flying?!"

Retiring to my room for the night, I had quite a sight waiting for me outside my window. Rezel's curly blonde hair fell onto his eyes and he shook his head to clear his sight, giving me a crooked smile.

"Hey, my storyteller."

My heart was racing with joy.

His voice, which I hadn't heard for almost two months now, sounded much deeper than I remembered. His curly blonde mess of hair was even longer and his face seemed more defined now. He appeared to have changed so dramatically...

"How have you been?" He tilted his head, grinning at me and I almost forget my question.

"How the heck are you flying?!"

We were quite the distance from the ground and Rezel was carefreely floating in the air. It was such an unreal sight; someone was literally levitating.

He bounced a rock in his palm, catching it loosely. "It's this one." It was an orange-golden-ish manastone. That is seriously so cool... I want like a million. "Only for a bit though," he added. "It breaks once it runs out of mana."

My eyes almost popped out of my head at that. "What if it breaks when you're in the air?"

With that lopsided grin of his, he cocked his head.

"Then I fall."

I gasped and immediately reached out to the twisted boy, leaning far out even though it was scary, and grabbed his hand. I pulled him hard, into my room and he stumbled through the window.

"No more flying for you!" I glared at him. "It's dangerous!"

He rubbed the back of his head, messing up further his messy hair. "What about it?" he grumbled but my frown was already a smile. I reached out towards him and wrapped him in a hug. And immediately smelled the alcohol. I furrowed my brows moving back. "Are you drunk?"

For some reason, it made him chuckle. It was a deep, throaty sound. Then he looked into my eyes and I was sure. Rezel had been drinking. "What's going on, Rezel?"

"What isn't going on, storyteller?" He moved beside me, walking towards the couch. "What isn't going on? No matter what I do, this world won't fucking be done with it." His voice seemed bright, but there was something wrong. I moved towards him.

"Hey, tell me," I asked, grabbing his arm softly and he stopped. Turning his body around half-way, he looked at me quietly. There was something in his eyes... I couldn't understand it but I suddenly felt strange. Goosebumps ran over the back of my neck and I immediately averted my gaze, but I didn't let go. It felt like I had been looking into flames... and they were looking right back at me. "What happened, Rezel?" I asked again, a bit more firmly, though I was shaken. Rezel looked so different. It looked like in the past two months, he had suddenly grown by ages.

"Too much," He muttered. "Too much is going on, but I fucking missed you. Missed you all this time and today..." Suddenly, a beast-like smile tore through his lips, as he whispered it to me. "Today, I ran away." As if a little boy was proudly confessing his sins, he leaned forward to me with devilish intoxicated eyes. "And I came to take you with me."

My hand that was holding onto him was suddenly captured and his fingers overcame mine. "Come with me, storyteller."

I was just stood there, trying to take in the intensity of this situation. "You want to run away?" I parroted him, sounding a little dumb. "What the fuck happened, love?"