7. I like your taste. Kiss me again?

Chapter 7: I like your taste. So kiss me again?

My body stiffened at the contact. I felt his lips overcome mine. I felt their softness and I felt his hair brush against my cheek. Our foreheads bumped together softly and before I knew it, I kissed him back. The smell of alcohol wafted between us but his scent overcame it, covering me deliciously. There is perhaps no worse lust than that which comes with despair.

His fingers lightly brushed against my arm, stroking it and then grabbing onto me, pulling me closer to his body. My lips parted, just slightly, but that was enough for him. His other hand touched my cheek, cradling it as if it were so fragile and I accidentally let out a moan. His hand was now anchoring my waist, holding me against him and fingers were on his chest, travelling slowly, desperately to his shoulders, reaching the back of his head. Oh, his hair...

The only sound in the room was that of us, tangling into each other. His kiss came with a much needed sensation of pleasure that was so extremely lacking within my brain in that moment. I couldn't stop. I'd fallen into him before I even realized it, the alcohol numbing my senses. But the feel of tasting him was as strong as ever; probably the best sensation I'd had in a long, long time. Shit, it's been so long since I'd kissed someone. My body's getting so hot... He feels so good... Ah, he's pressing harder...

Wait... kiss?

My eyes widened and I threw him off of me. More like plucked myself away from our tangled mess on the couch.

He was smiling- no, grinning as he thumbed his lower lip.

"Took you long enough," He teased and I could only gape at what we had just done. I couldn't believe I'd just kissed the villain. No, I can't believe I'd kissed anyone. The fuck.

"Wh-why did you just do that?" I asked him, still trying to understand the situation- still trying to calm my racing heart. It was thumping in a very concerning manner and I brought my hand to it. Alair's eyes flickers to my movements. He wet his lip and cocked his head, in a helpless, adorable manner.

"You looked so lovely, my lady... How could I possibly resist you?" He reached his hand out to my cheek but I leaned back, out of his touch.

"Liar. You were just curious, weren't you?" I glared at him. "It was just your fucking curiosity, nothing more. And maybe even your pride."

At my reply, Alair raised his eyebrows and burst out laughing.

"You truly do understand me. It's better than anyone has ever managed to!" He grinned, not minding my glower at all. Instead, his smile looked genuine for once and his lips were red and swollen- I had done that. It wasn't registering at all. He ran his hair through his hair, and before I could stop myself, my eyes followed his fingers. I watched his locks bounce in waves and curls and our gaze met again. He grinned cheekily.

"Then tell me, my lady, why did you kiss me back?"

He asked this question so smugly, with his eyes narrowing almost affectionately and my mouth opened and closed like that of a fish.

"Because I'm drunk, that's why!" I snapped and stood up, though I stumbled and his hand was back to my arm, steadying me. Not just that, he raised up as well and now we were stood extremely close together. I pursed my lips, trying to get away but I was dizzy and his fingers were still wrapped securely around my arm, sliding down slowly, softly to my wrist. He leaned his head down towards me, pulling at me slightly.

"You know... have you ever kissed Cassian?" He asked and if he came even a little closer, I'd be able to feel his locks against my cheek. I made a confused face.