2. Troublesome little pet.

Chapter 2: What a troublesome little pet you are, my darling. So demanding. But yes, ask me for more.

It's been a few days since I got to Ilaria. I've been, in my own way, trying to settle into my new life here.

"Akira, are you ready?" I asked the woman who had been assigned as my private knight as she checked her side to see her sword had been properly set. She nodded, her thick, dark, almost black hair bouncing in its high ponytail and I looked towards Avea.

"Shall we leave, my lady?" She asked me and we simultaneously made our way out of the mansion, where we ran into none other than Lady Atresia. She had a flurry of servants behind her as she spotted me, and beckoned me over. I obediently made my way towards her, thinking it was a pain to have to be so formal at a place I have to call home. I smiled at her and she returned a huge, affectionate smile back to me.

"Eleonora, are you making your way out?" She asked, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

"We're just going on a walk to look around Ilaria. There's still so much I don't know."

She nodded, looking a bit like she was in deep thought. She looked me up and down and frowned. "Will you be wearing that, my dear?"

I tilted my head. Was there a problem with my clothes? But they were made just for me, based on the latest fashion trends. Dad had hired some of the best dressmakers to handle my attires. Seeing my confusion, she shook her head with a breezy smile and added to clear up the misconception. "No, no, you look great, of course. Just... why don't I introduce you to my stylist? She'll fix you up, making sure the patterns and colours match your tones and your identity, sweetie. You look a little old for your age in clothes like this. Your shoulders and neckline are a little too revealing, don't you agree?"

I blinked. Okay, woah. Back the truck up a little. Just how are my shoulders revealing? What is she on about?

I felt a little miffed, and something felt a little off about her words about my clothes being revealing, mostly because I probably came from a different era but I nodded stiffly. Had my confidence just taken a tiny hit? Then I relaxed myself and gave her a better smile. "I can't wait," I grinned, and yes, it was completely plastic.

With my positive reaction, she looked satisfied and gave me an air kiss, making sure her lips didn't actually touch my cheek and she gave me an excited look. "It'll be great! Anyway, I'm going shopping now to the Tanith Territory's noble district. I'll try to get you a souvenir, lovely!"

With that, she was off and I let out a breath. Avea looked as expressionless ever as she remarked, "It was quite rude of Lady Atresia to not invite you, my lady."

I blinked, having not even realized such a thing and then shrugged. "Where she goes is none of my business, and personally, she just saved me the trouble of having to turn her down."

The two women on either side of me followed me silently as we made our way out, until I began to ask Akira all sorts of questions about Ilaria. She used to be quiet when we first met, but I guess she was just testing out the waters, because as soon as she realized I didn't care too much about her behaving formally, it became harder to shut her up instead. Somehow, I always do end up with noisy people beside me. Why is that, I wonder? Is it because I'm not talking enough so they talk to fill in the silence? Well, I'm not complaining. I much prefer listening to people and knowing about their lives than walking around in silence with strangers. It's oddly filling with Akira. She tells me so many tales of Ilaria.

"These gardens are actually known throughout the territory," she told me with animated eyes as we walked through the lush rose gardens on our way out. "Everyone speaks of the flowers and their colours, as if they were a scene of paradise. Sometimes, when a commoner gets to come to the estate for any reason, the people crowd around him on his return to ask him about his experience."