6. Garden of lust.

Chapter 6: Welcome to my garden of lust!
There it is, the gazebo of regret. Oh, and don't forget the flowers of self-loathing. They bloom like weeds, but their scent is addicting, don't you think? Yes... you've been here a lot. You fucking hate yourself, don't you? Have a drink; it's the poison drained from your thoughts. We've got barrels of these. Make sure to use the wine glass of loneliness. After all, that's key, isn't it?

...Hey, isn't it? It's okay. Lose yourself in the pleasure. Nothing matters here. Even if you get destroyed, it's fine. Because you wanted this, right?

No. Please, I never wanted this. Help me. Please.

"...You came back quite fast." I spoke as I sat across him on the dining table. We were waiting for my father and aunt to arrive for breakfast.

"Well, I wasn't planning on leaving your side so soon." The velvety ethereal voice responded sweetly. I could see a smile on Alair's pretty lips and frowned. Why? Please just leave already.

"You don't seem to want me here?" he cocked his head with a pout that looked so real and so adorable, I had to hold back a gasp.

"I know you're not really sad. And I know you don't necessarily feel bad about any extreme thing you might do because of your past. Of course, I don't want the risk," I mumbled honestly and he raised an eyebrow.

"Because of my past?"

I frowned. "Yes. Your past and your genes have both played a part in it. You already know that you- most people don't think in the same way as you, right?"

He didn't nod or react, so I continued. "It's just how your brain is wired, and it's not really your fault. If you learn how to live as others, you'll be fine. Just try not to be too cruel, please. You're capable of it but it doesn't mean you should."

When I realized what I was doing, I bit my lip. I couldn't believe I was giving advice to the main villain. I peeked at his response to see what he was thinking but his face was, of course, expressionless. Perhaps him and Avea would get along well together.

"So you're telling me it's not my fault?" Alair tossed his head with pursed lips; his waves fell over his temple, distracting me for a second. Just a second. They were really pretty.

I shrugged. "Yeah. It's just how you are. I know many people who were like you but they still lived normal lives. They blended in, and got pretty far in life. Some people even thought it was an advantage," I furrowed my brows, remembering all sorts of book titles about psychopaths I'd seen in stores. "You just have to know what to do and what not to do. They even got married, had kids, lived good lives, etc."

At my words, Alair looked extremely interested. It was probably because psychopathy wasn't an actual diagnosed condition in this world, although the word was used to describe a heartless or manic person. He was getting new information from me. Well, if I can show him a good light... maybe we can have an advantage.

"They got married? As in, they settled with one person? They fell in love? Love?"

I blinked. Well, I guess it was a valid question but the tone... does he really have to look that surprised? Or perhaps, disbelief would be a better word. Is it really that surprising, the idea that you too can be in a proper relationship? Well, it was just a matter of time until he meets heroine. A few years, and he'll be ready for his obsessive phrase.

"Yes, Lord Villin. They got married. They have people in their inner circles, and they can get 'attached' to people they prefer having around. I don't think they love in the same way as others, but its also a valid type of love in its own way. They try not to manipulate their loved ones as much, or not much in an obvious manner anyway, and they do things that will make their person feel good, to you know, keep them around."