A year later (OhmFluke)

Fluke's POV

Just as they said, you'll never know the weight of someone's presence in your life until you lose them..

Losing Earth was a big blow for all of us, it was a if his passing stopped our time from moving.

Before I knew it..

everyone was gone.. and we have grown distant..

The usual hangouts became a rare occasion..

Everyone tried to find something to distract themselves and we move in separate ways..

rarely meeting or talking to each other

Especially Kao.. he never joined us ever since..

It was only Earth who left, but when we look at Kao it is as if he went with him.

It was as if even the sight of us will bring him so much pain..and we couldn't do anything for him because no matter what he does..

Earth is everywhere..not only for him

..but for all of us.

It was just like yesterday, our memories of him remains fresh in our minds that even the slightest thing would remind us of him.. and it will hurt.

Just as I said, everyone's time stopped.

At some point, I know.. I know how we somehow blamed ourselves... for not being able to do anything.

We blamed ourselves for believing his smiles without realizing how he must've actually felt..

and we regret leaving that night when we could've just stayed..

and those thoughts became the reasons why we became distant..we needed time to sort ourselves..

It's been a year since he left and tho it's painful, I find it funny..

Because I know that Earth stayed true to his words.. that he will always be watching over us and guiding us..

I was looking back at our previous conversations, feeling lonely and alone..
looking back on those silly pictures with him showing his wide smile.

Today marks the exact 1 year from the time we let him go.

I miss him.. we all do..

I was scrolling at our previous conversations.. looking at how he always got my back whenever I have problems,

thinking why.. why I never ask him..?

He probably wouldn't tell, but I should've just ask him.. just so he know that I was here.. just so I could give him strength when he's fighting battles by himself

I came across our conversations from that night at the villa..

It all makes sense now.. why he told me that we do not own time..

"Stop with the we have all the time in the world mindset.."

A sudden realization hit me, everyone was into their own lives but there's one person who never left my side..

I failed to notice..

there's one person who sticked with me after everything..

He comforted me every time I cry thinking about Earth..

"Ohm" I whispered. I have been wasting time..

I heard footsteps coming closer, there's only one person who would visit me at this time

"Hey. I brought you fo—" I didn't let him finish and hugged him right after I saw him.

"Thank you.." He was frozen on the spot.

I've decided not to waste any more time from hereon.

Earth is right. I should live in the present and try to be happy.

I have a whole life to figure out.

"Let's be together."

and just like that the clock that temporarily stopped for us started to move again.

We received a call to visit him today..

Finally we're gathered.. talking about our lives..

Sharing what we found about ourselves or our lives in the span of a year..

We're like pieces of cogs temporarily separated.. only to be brought back again.. in order for the clock to move..

Just like that and it seems like everything is back to normal.. just like before..

We started catching for the time that we lost..

except for one person..

I looked at Ohm from the sides..

thinking about how Earth was the answer I needed in order to give myself a chance to be happy..

and to appreciate having Ohm beside me..

Thinking.. that maybe..

Maybe.. Earth would also be the answer that Kao needs..

Maybe in the end.. Earth will give exactly what Kao needs..

I remember the letter that is still kept with me..

Maybe in due time.. it will be the key..