Chapter 1: Don't expect me to stutter

Rebecca's POV:

'Ring... Ring... Ring...' my alarm sang  before the sun smiled.

I twirl and toss on my bed underneath the warm grey blankets. The sun rays slowing peeping through the grey curtains.

"Stop...ugh... just another five minutes" I shut the alarm off.

"Ecca...wakeup...work" I heard a lady yell softly, probably Ms. Rose, a woman in her early fifties. The only one who dares to enter my room without permission.

.........

I sound like a psycho but I am not. I mean who calls that themselves.

As soon as I heard the thing...I mean the word WORK I jolted up and sat like a rock processing that it's almost six in the morning and I am left with only an hour to leave for work.

Ms. Rose let out a bright smile on her face expecting me to return it back. That damn smile looked absolutely beautiful on her face which holds pleach pink blush and caramel eyes.

 Believe me she is just like that every morning. 

I just give her a nod, not because I am blind or lack lips to smile just because I never did this till today, I am going to keep up with that even now.

"Good morning Ecca" she says cheerfully. The only one who calls me Ecca after my parents and my brother.

"Morning" I say setting my clothes and blanket. Where is good as in good morning? Ugh...I don't know may be out of my life.

Ms. Rose was now walking towards the door. She signaled someone to get inside. Ms. Rose is the commander for all other in the house except me, not always, she orders me sometimes times too. She is the chief maid in my house, but I see her as second mom. 

Why? Because she was in every thick and thin of my life, she supported me in times where my own parents didn't.

Okay now that someone, she signaled to, entered my room, carrying my bed coffee. She is a young woman around twenty years old. She wore a brown gown with a white shirt tugged inside, the uniform all the other maids in the house had except Ms. Rose who wears a long brown gown or any color of her choice.

And by other maids I meant a fifteen to twenty of them, who work under Ms. Rose to maintain my mansion.

She walked forward slowly. I can say shivering. 

Ugh...girl I will not eat you up, quicker your pace.

 Finally, after what seemed like hours, she arrived beside my bed with a tray holding my coffee mug, some sugar and a spoon by the cup. I took the cup from the tray politely.

By politely I meant without yelling and scaring the hell out her. 

"And you are?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee, and why did I ask that? Because she is new, I mean the old one left.

.......

Okay, I fired her. 

Why? Because she didn't bring the spoon along with the coffee, the previous morning.

 I mean how could she forget a goddamn spoon?

 Does she expect me to stir the sugar using my hair? That would be disgusting, so she got fired. Reasonable right? I don't care even if you think it is not.

"Na...Nancy A... Andrews" she stuttered in between. Ugh...girl don't expect me to stutter while calling you too. I just simply give her a nod before placing my empty cup back into the tray. 

I stepped out of my bed and went into the bathroom and did my daily routine. I had a refreshing shower and got to my closet. I pulled out a black suit white collar shirt and black pants and held a golden watch matching my outfit. I did a little makeup because I am not a huge fan of spending hours in front of the mirror. Tied my hair into a messy bun and put on black pumps.

I glanced one last look at my outfit and I know it would be perfect, still I need to check to make sure. I then walked down the stairs to see Ms. Rose and two other maids waiting for me near the dining table, as you can guess, to serve breakfast. Ms. Rose still held the same smile and pulled out the chair for me. 

The table can easily be occupied by ten other people. But guess what? Only mine was occupied.

"Today's cravings were well balanced and checked by the nutritionist" Ms. Rose reassured. I gave her a nod and sat down and held my fork in my hand. The other two maids rushed to grab the food on the table and served me little portions of it. I didn't even bother to glance at the serving and began to dig in.

I was eating in peace... ugh not anymore, I thought as I heard the main door flicking open revealing a woman of my age with a black skirt just below her knees and a silky blue shirt with a golden Maori fish hook necklace, copper brown hair and greenish blue eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally..,! I actually wanted to write this from long back. 

Well here I am with something interesting. Tell me all that you think about this chapter.

also about this new story

waiting for the responses.

                                                                   ~ Phoenix8142812