Chapter 36

The Finale

I woke up in a familiar scent of room. I slowly opened my eyes, finding out I was in my own room here in our mansion. I look around and Aunt Helena caught my attention. I creased my forehead and tried to speak up but I can't. "Are you wondering why are you still alive?"

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ko. "Y-You knew?"

She just smiled at me. "Gising na sina kuya."

"W-Wait, w-what do you mean by what you've said? T-the first one?" I curiously asked. How did she know about that? And why am I still alive when it supposed to be not because of taking Proverbs' necklace away from her? How's Proverbs, by the way? Is she in heaven right now?

She held my hand and gave me a smile. "Your heart beats saves you, it continued to beat that made you alive."

"H-How did you know this?" I just watch how her eyes smiling at me. I couldn't even think of the deepness of what she's saying right now, it seems that—wait. "W-Who exactly are you? W-Were you the guardian angel of Proverbs' mother?"

She chukled. "I was already giving you a hint, Timothy."

I slowly shook my head. "N-No, you've got to be kidding me."

"I am not, Timothy. I was actually expecting you to ask of who exactly I am when you tried to ask if I was lying to you about your amnesia," she answered and I do not know how to react. I didn't expect this to be happened tho, I grew up with her guidance and I don't have any single idea about her guardian angel life.

"B-But your my father's sister, don't you? And you have a family."

"So angels aren't meant to have a family?"

"No, it's not what you think. What I mean is that... Michael, was that possible..."

She laughs. "What are you trying to think, Timothy? Don't tell me you want Proverbs to get pregnant—"

"E-Excuse me?" I cut her off. "What are you talking about? I was just asking how you got a family and having a child. W-Was that your desire?" I never thought of talking about these stuffs with Aunt Helena.

"No. I never thought of having a family as well... and I am sure that Proverbs' mom is mad at me for leaving her without her knowing. I'm sure you want to know about what happened before, I guess?" she forced herself to laugh and then sighs a little later. "My mission is to make her happy, 'yung nanay kasi ni Proverbs sobrang lungkot talaga e, she was pregnant that time and sobrang delikado talaga baka mapano 'yung baby sa loob... your Uncle Benny was a friend of Proverbs' father. Proverbs' father ran away and all I could to do is to ask Benny for a help. Not until one day... nahulog 'yung loob ko kay Benny, and I know that it was really wrong, loving romantically would be the least that I should do when I was in mission with the sad pregnant girl wanting to make the clock reverse just to make things right the way that she wanted."

I remained silent. I really want to know how did she come up with the idea of Proverbs' mission.

"But I can't. Mahirap pigilan ang pagmamahal, it's the most powerful emotion we have, you know. So I went to Cronus, the god of time, I ask for his help to bring back the time, kapalit ng pakpak ko, so I did."

"W-What? So ikaw na mismo ang lumapit at ipapatanggal ang sarili mong pakpak? What were you thinking, Aunt?"

"If I didn't do that, you wouldn't probably dating Proverbs," seryosong saad niya. "I let that happened, only because my desires has changed. I know she doesn't like the fetus inside her womb, unless babalikan siya ng lalaking nakabuntis sa kanya, and that won't happen because he had an accident. I didn't know what to do that time so when Cronus clipped my wings out, I heard that she miscarriage her child... I don't want to think that this is a kind of betrayal because my desires are now happening..."