14 | Championship

Third Person POV

(since I don't have ideas to fill up the two weeks ima just go straight to the championships🤪🥴)

In the span of two weeks, Jake and Sunghoon hasn't been hanging out since Sunghoon has been busy practicing for tge championship. Jake on the other hand has been catching up on school. Sunghoon still helps Jake, but only in their extra time in class, free period, or sometimes when they video chat.

Now, it's the champion and Sunghoon couldn't get any more nervous. Sunghoon knew he was good in basketball and had the abilities to win this game; however, not everyday could be your day. Sometimes you'll just lose no matter how good you are. That made Sunghoon nervous.

Jake was currently on the bleachers. He was sitting front row until he suddenly went down to the locker room to see the younger.

"Sunghoon." Jake said as he tapped at the younger.

"Jakey, what are you doing here?" Sunghoon asked.

"I wanted to wish you good luck even though I've been saying and texting that for the past two weeks." Jake said as he laughed causing Sunghoon to laugh as well.

"Thank you. I'm kind of nervous right now." Sunghoon said honestly.

"It's okay. No matter what the results are, you'll still be my winner." Jake said.

"That's cheesy." Sunghoon said and laughed.

"It's your fault!" Jake said.

"Sunghoon, let's go! Coach is calling us now." Jay said.

"You should sit at the bleachers now." Sunghoon said.

"Okay. Good luck again." Jake said, but before he left he stepped closer to the younger and kissed his left cheek causing the younger to be surprised.

Sunghoon then left the locker room with a big smile and confidence knowing that he won't just win for his team, but also for the school (and jake).

It was half time and Jake was worried for Sunghoon.

The scores were now, 38-37.

The team was leading in the first quarter and the first half on second quarter however things got pretty messy. One of the team intentionally injured the shooting guard of the school's team named Youngbin. This caused Sunghoon to be extra cautious since the other team was playing dirty.

Sunghoon stared at the trophy while he drank his water. He then looked at Jake who was now walking down stairs at the court.

"Sunghoon, here." Jake said as he gave Sunghoon an energy drink.

"Thank you." Sunghoon said as he took the drink from Jake.

"I should go back, I just wanted to give you that anyways." Jake said.

"Can I get a hug first?" Sunghoon said.

Jake quickly hugged the younger and ran back to his seat because he was now a blushing mess.

"Jake, do you like Sunghoon?" Geonu asked.

"No, we're just close." Jake said as he could feel his heart beating because of the lie he just told.

Half time was over. Both teams' first five was now on the court. Sunghoon who has the ball and one opponent guarding him. Sunghoon was waiting for the ref's signal until the opponent spoke.

"So, is that your boyfriend. He kinda looks hot you know, but then again he's probably an easy type." The opponent said.

Sunghoon then placed the ball down and grabbed the opponent by his uniform collar until Jay ran to him to stop him. Jake stood up shocked by the younger's actions. Fortunately, the referees and officials both stopped the two.

Luckily, Sunghoon wasn't kicked out of the game. Jake looked at Sunghoon one more time giving him an "Are you fine" look. Sunghoon assured that he was fine.

It was the last quarter. The score was now, 78-78. 2.5 minutes till the game ends. Sunghoon's team was tied. Sunghoon was tired, but still continued to play this game. There were no timeouts left.

The opponent team had the ball. They tried to waste time by passing the ball and dribbling until Sunghoon almost got the ball, but the opponent faked and shot the ball and it went in causing them to take the lead; 78-80.

52 seconds left until the game is over and Sunghoon shouted a code name for their play. They wanted to trick the team by not letting Sunghoon take the last shot, but for Jay.

Jay dribbled his way towards the three pointer line and took a deep breath and shot the ball, but missed. All the players were now near the basket trying to take the rebound. 21 seconds left.

The ball hit the rim and bounced to Sunghoon who was now in the three point line. 15 seconds left.

Sunghoon had no time to waste and took a deep breath while squatting down. 9 seconds left.

He measured where to shoot and jumped as the ball releases from his hands. 3 seconds left.

It felt like the world stopped and Sunghoon was just staring at the basketball as it makes its way towards the basket. Sunghoon thought he'll miss, but the ball goes through the net making the swish sound.

*buzzzz*

It was a buzzer beater. 81-80. Sunghoon's team won. The rest of the team went to Sunghoon as they hug their captain. Sunghoon couldn't believe that he won, their school won.

They all went to their coach as he says a few words, but of course the sneaky teammates made their way behind the coach and poured the ice and water inside the cooler.

Jake ran towards Sunghoon and hugged him from behind.

"I knew you'll win." Jake said.

"Me too." Sunghoon said as he faced Jake.

"Really? How?" Jake asked.

"Because you're here." Sunghoon said as he stared at Jake's eyes.

"I was worried back there." Jake said.

"And I was too. I was worried that I might lose in front of you." Sunghoon said.

Before Jake could reply, one of the basketball officials announced something.

"Now, it's time to congratulate the winning team and announce the MVP this year!" The official said.

"Get ready to go up there." Jake said.

But, I won't.

That's it for today!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and I guess we are halfway from the end of this book (unless I decided to change up the plot that I had in mind🙂).

Anyways, Vote⭐️, Comment💬, and Share🥰

-BA