21 | Math Olympics

Third Person POV

For the past few days, Jake and Sunghoon hasn't seen each other for a while. They only see each other during class since Sunghoon has been preparing for the Math Olympics. His school is so competitive to the point Sunghoon has to skip his lunch to review formulas and terms.

Jake on the other hand has been very annoyed by Sophia. All she does is sit next to Jake during class periods and would always follow Jake everywhere. Jake tries to tell her to not follow him but she's just very stubborn.

During lunch, Sophia tried to sit with Jake's group, but since there was no room, Sophia forcefully sat on Jake's lap.

Sunghoon went to check Jake during his break, but he wasn't happy about what his eyes are seeing right now.

"Sophia, get off before I push you." Jake said.

Sophia placed her hands on Jake's chin and whispered "I don't want to".

Jake pushed her down carefully and she immediately stood up.

"Stop following me around in school or else I'll leave you sleeping on the streets tonight." Jake said glaring at her. Sophia then walked away and sat far away near Jake's table.

"Jake." Sunghoon said while he placed his hand on Jake's shoulder.

"Sunghoon, did you see that?" Jake said stressed that the younger might've witnessed what just recently happened.

"Well, yes. Is she annoying you again?" Sunghoon replied honestly.

"Ugh. Sunghoon, please don't even think about her. Just focus on your math thing okay?" Jake said causing Sunghoon to hug Jake.

"I missed you." Sunghoon said.

"Me too, hoon." Jake replied while bringing his face to Sunghoon's kneck.

[Math Olympics]

"Sunghoon, go to your seat now. You have your scientific calculator right? What about your pencils?" His school math coach said.

"Yes, I have everything. I'll go there now, okay." Sunghoon said. His coach nodded and he walked to his assigned seat.

He wasn't gonna lie, but he was a bit distracted of Jake's ex that he couldn't fully answer the questions confidently. He answered every single question, but took him a few minutes for some of the questions. He reviewed his paper for the third time and found no mistake to correct.

He looked at the clock and saw he had two minutes left so he left his seat and gave his paper to one of the officials.

He went back to his coach and was surprised since he saw his friends there.

"When did you guys arrive here?" Sunghoon asked.

"A couple of minutes after you left to tour seat. We messaged you good luck this morning, but we also wanted to do it in person; however, we were a bit late." Jay explained.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked softly to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon nodded. However, deep down inside he was worried. He had a feeling he might not make it. He also had a bigger feeling he wouldn't keep his title.

"Sunghoon, want to eat first? Your coach said that the award ceremony would be two hours from now." Jungwon suggested.

"Well, I guess we can. I'm kind of hungry too." Sunghoon replied.