Rewind

Okay... Let's go back... To the beginning of this Multiverse... To the day that the story of this Ink, and Error, began...

-----

..... slowly woke up, next to a white boned skeleton, and she raised her white boned hand to poke them.

... woke up, and he stared at the white boned Skeleton next to him.

"Sister!" He rattled his bones.

"Brother!" She rattled her bones.

Brother giggled, before he sat up. "Let's explore!"

Sister giggled, and she stood up.

-----

They had fun, they always did. Brother could create things for them to play on, and Sister would destroy them, so that Brother could make new things.

They played together, in this place of many colours. They wanted this to last forever.

Sister would always look after Brother when he got hurt, and she helped him remember when he forgot things, and Brother would sit by Sister's side when her voice disappeared and she couldn't move, because of the Pain in her Soul.

But it didn't last forever.

Brother was curious, he wanted to see where the colour was coming from.

Sister was worried, this was a bad idea, they should stay away from the colour!

Brother didn't listen, and he stepped through the gap, and he screamed.

He couldn't see any colours!

Sister gasped, and she climbed through the smaller gap, finding Brother.

She picked him up and she ran back towards the gap. It was getting smaller.

She knew that after one of them got through, it would be too small for the other one.

She pushed Brother through the gap.

He watched as the star patterns on her bones disappeared, as the spirals on his bones grew darker.

This would be his last memory of Sister.

-----

Their childish curiosity had some serious side effects.

Brother's Soul disappeared, leaving him, with the colours.... He had to use them to feel feelings.

And his memories were scrambled, but his memories of Sister were very clear.

Brother became Ink.

And he Created.

He based some of his creations on Sister's suggestions, from the days when they played together, without a care in the world, and he wrote anything important down on a brown scarf that he wore around his neck, Sister loved wearing these things.

----

But Sister paid the ultimate price.

Voices started to scream at her in that white void that she was trapped in.

Horrible voices, and she cried.

Seconds turned into minutes, which turned into hours, and they became days.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and the months turned into a year.

She cried so much, that her tears became a part of her face, and when she tried to wipe them away, they clung to her fingers, and to her eyesockets.