𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3 - 𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛

Friday, December 3rd - Y/N's Grandma P.O.V

The parent-teacher-student conference must've begun, however, today I wouldn't be able to attend. Plus, by Y/N's expression yesterday, I knew she had gotten herself in trouble again, I didn't even wanna hear what did that punk do this time...

After an almost 3-hour trip, I finally reached my old, beautiful city that I'd miss so dearly.

Busan...

My heart warmed up when a good-looking, young man helped me to get down from the metro, "Thank you, young man!" I said as he gently let go of my arm, giving me a bright smile before bowing and walking off.

At least there are still good-hearted youngsters in this world. This actually makes me wish Y/N was less of a snake...

...

I reached the almost-antique cafe near the centre of Busan. It was a small and barely noticeable bar, however, it held so many memories of mine, as well as my daughter's and Jiyoo's. From the window, I spotted her and my heart skipped a beat when she tore her exhausted eyes from her book and noticed me. Seeing her so depressed, anxious and tired, was such a terrible sight that I wanted to get rid of. 

So dragging my wooden, old stick, I made my way inside the dusty and not-so-lively shop. I didn't usually use my stick to walk, only when I knew there would be a long trek ahead.

"Hey, Jiyoo..." I smiled as I took a seat on the wooden, non-promising chair. Whilst sitting, I thought it would crash under my weight. 

Jiyoo wiped her face, a heavy sigh left her lips as she looked at me with the best smile she could probably give me. "I'm so sorry... I know all of my life I have been making you do stuff for me, begging you and asking you for favours. I've always been grateful, I am and I will always be, but can you please do one last thing for me?" the woman in her mid-forties looked at me pleadingly, her eyes glossy and her hand tightly gripping on mine.

How could I say no? Even though she was twenty-five years younger than me, I have always seen her as a friend. Never once have I pitied her, I've always helped her out because I wanted to and it will stay the same.

"What is dear? You know that you can ask me anything, right?" I held onto her hand just as tightly as she did. Jiyoo frowned and looked down, feeling ashamed; she'd always feel like that before asking me something. "Listen, I have been your teacher when you were in university, and I have stood by your side for all these 21 years. Yet you still don't consider me as your dear friend that is ready to help you with anything?"

"No! Ms. Han, you know well that I love you and I also know very well we are that close... I just feel apologetic for being a burden towards you all these years, even when you are getting older and should be resting..." 

"Come on! You know well, I love helping you it makes me feel like a good person. Plus, you can't just say that because I am a grandma, I shall seat home all day. Just tell me!- Oh by the way... how's your son doing? I haven't seen that beautiful kid in ages... The last time was probably when he was ten..." 

Jiyoo simpered at the question, she loved her son oh-so-dearly. 

"He is doing well, but the favour that I need you to do is related to him..." she sighed for the millionth time as I listening attentively. "As you know my husband and I are not on good terms at all... we have divorced a few years ago..." she fiddled with her fingers as she bit her lower lip.

I smiled sadly, the agonising memories that brought us together and made us friends, rather than just a student and a teacher, flooded in my mind once again. Not that I've ever forgotten about them.