𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11 - 𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗

Y/N was sitting in the park, waiting for Lori to arrive as she nervously bit her nails. The thoughts of So-Hyun's words were really stressing her out, she hoped that she was just rumbling. "Y/N!" she turned towards the very much familiar voice and saw Lori shooting her hand up in the air, waving at her. She quickly rushed to the wooden bench where Y/N sat on and looked at her, taking notice that something was off. "Is something wrong?"

"Huh? What?" she quickly snapped out of her worrisome thoughts and focused on her best friend, "Ah, nothing, nothing! I just zoned out!" she tried to reassure Lori, even though her tone sounded rather anxious and rushed.

"Okay..." Lori answered, dragging the last part of the word for a long time, "Well? What happened with the Jimin-guy? Why was he smiling at you, are you two a thing?" she bombarded Y/N with questions as if she was a reporter. "By the way, it's been a while since we hung out like this..." Lori looked up at the dull sky, a frown making its way on her face, "Seems like it'll rain soon."

"Yup, It'll probably rain," Y/N pursed her lips before answering her questions, "Jimin and I aren't a thing..." Lori tore her gaze from the sky which was dirtied by clouds and gloominess, looking at Y/N with slight disappointment in her eyes. "Jimin's mom and my grandma are really close, so his mom asked my grandma to stay over for reasons that I don't know about..."

"Really? You two live together!?! No way!" she laughed, making Y/N cackle too in the process. "I swear to God, you two better end up together!" Y/N gave her a questioning look, definitely not understanding why was Lori cheering for the nonexistent ship so much, "Well, it's simple first of all, the fact that you two live together makes it seem more as if you guys were destinated to be, and second of all, he's a nice guy. Not to mention his good looks and how smart he is." Y/N rolled her eyes at Lori's sudden supportiveness about a, once again, not existing ship.

The two best friends talked for a while, laughing and catching up with whatever they have missed for one week before Lori got an urgent text. "Oh, shoot! I forgot I need to pick up my little sister from school! I got to go, bye Y/N!" she hurriedly stood up and ran to her car as Y/N smiled, "Don't stay in the here for too long! I think it will rain very soon!" she shouted before ending her car.

But ignoring her best friend's words, Y/N stayed on that bench until it rained heavily, not budging by even a bit. She wasn't the type to get all worried for a threat, but she believed that So-Hyun was one. So-Hyun was able to prove that two years ago, and she's obviously not changed. Her phone buzzed all of a sudden, making her flinch as sat up straight and looked at the text. A smile crept on her face as she read his content name.

Park-Duck:

"Where the hell are you Y/N? It's raining heavily, all of us are worried, it's already six o'clock in the evening! Tell me where you are and I'll come to get you!"

Y/N-swagidkwtfiswrongwithme:

"I'm okay, don't worry. I'll be home soon!"

Park-Duck:

"Bullshit! Tell me, quick!"

Y/N-swagidkwtfiswrongwithme:

"Damn, calm down, Mister! I'm at the park near school... The Spring Park."

Park-Duck:

"Okay, I'll be there in ten, hold on!"

Y/N smiled at the messages, "Hold on, huh?" she chuckled, "As if I couldn't have gone home by myself..." she rolled her eyes, putting her phone back into her pocket before the rain could destroy it.

Just as promised, after ten minutes Jimin ran into the part with a slicker draped over his head and shoulders as he held another one in his hand. "Y/N!" he waved his hands at her and she stood up waving back as she sluggish walked towards him, contrasting his speedy jogging. "Are you crazy!?! You are completely soaked!" he scolded before holding out the slicker for her and letting her arm slide into it. He helped her zipping it up and pulled the cap over her already wet hair.

"Why are you so worried?" Y/N muttered in a low tone as she looked away from his extremely concerned face. For a second he was about to say, "How can I not worry about someone I love?!?" but then he realized that she didn't know about his feelings, so he had to hold himself back.

"I-I, I was just worried, okay!?! How can I not worry about my only friend?" Jimin looked down, his own words hurting him as he wished they had a different relationship. "Come on, let's go home!" he grabbed her hand, putting his displeased feelings aside. But thanks to their wet hands, it was easier for Y/N to slip out of his grip, so she pulled away and ran from the tree that they shielded themselves under. She ran under the crying sky, extending her arms in the air as she took a deep breath.

"Fuck my life!" she shouted, making Jimin stare at her weirdly and she smiled, "FUCK MY LIFE!" she shouted even louder, her voice echoing throughout the empty park. "Fuck my life, fuck So-Hyun, Fuck school, fuck everything!" she shouted aggressively as Jimin watched her letting it all out, "Fuck Christmas! Fuck my parent's death, fuck So-Hyun's words, Fuck this damn world!"

A smile crept up on Jimin's face as he watched her screaming her lungs out, she looked like some crazy chicken, so he decided to look like some crazy duck. "Fuck my father!" Jimin shouted all of a sudden, making Y/N stop running in a circle, "Fuck that fucking alimony!" he walked up to her until he stood right side her, "Fuck everything! Fuck this world!" 

"Ah, how nice this feels," Y/N breathed out a calming breath as Jimin pushed the wet strands of her hair behind her ear. "Jimin," she looked at him and he looked back at her, expectingly, "Thanks," she said with some certain vulnerability in her eyes, the vulnerability she's never showed to anyone before. "Thank you. Thank you for your words, thank you for making me feel so warm that day in the shop, thank you for dragging me in that damn closet, thank you for carrying me on your shoulders, so that I could put the star on the tip of the tree, thank you for waiting outside the office today, thank you for coming here, and lastly, thank you for right now!"

"Your welcome, Y/N. Anything, anytime." he smiled reassuringly, "I need you to know that even on the worse day of my life, you can call me at 3 in the morning and I'll run to you just to listen to your complaints. I want you to tell me when something's worrying you because I know that right now something is." she looked down and sighed.

"I-I..." she struggled, not sure if she should lie to him or be honest, but she probably wouldn't be able to lie to him after his beautiful words. "I met So-Hyun in the bathroom." his eyes darkened as he already could see something bad coming, "She said it's not over... I know she'll bother me again..." Jimin sighed and grabbed her shoulders.

"It's okay, I promise, I will stay by your side, so when she comes we can 'fight' together!" she nodded, feeling a bit better by his comforting words. Jimin pulled her into his embrace as he rested his chin on her head, his heart throbbing in his chest. On one hand, he wished she would hear it, he wanted her to know, but on the other hand, he wanted to hide it because he didn't know what her reaction would be like. 

To be continued...

Published date: 20th November 2020

[Edited Date: 23rd December 2020]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜