𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12 - 𝙵𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

Jimin and Y/N returned home with water dripping from their slickers, wetting the ground. They slipped out of their slickers and folded them to lessen the amount of water that would drip from them. Jimin ran to get a plastic bag and put them inside. "Oh My God! You guys are shivering! Come on, come on! Go and take a warm shower!" Ms. Han rumbled worriedly as she ran over to them, "And make sure to scrape the mud off of your shoes later on!"

After taking a warm shower, Y/N decided to do her homework. You see, Y/N is a bit of a fearless troublemaker, but she still tries to get good grades, after all, she didn't want to disappoint her grandma more than she already does. 

She grabbed her hair in frustration as she had no idea how to solve that damn algebra problem and growled loudly, "Fuck you Mr. Joon!" she said, regretting that she didn't get to yell that when she and Jimin were at the park. 

A small smile crept on her lips as she remembered her and Jimin playing in the rain and shouting random shit that annoyed the both of them. She had so much fun. Her smile dropped when she remembered a certain event and a tint of pink blush invaded her cheeks.

Y/N hasn't done this in a while, feeling free from all the shit that had happened in her life. And here she was, running in the muddy and watery park with Jimin trying to catch her. All of a sudden, Y/N  stepped into a puddle and nearly slipped as she tried to pull her leg out, but luckily Jimin had caught her before she could harshly break her back against the ground. 

His right hand was wrapped around her waist and his left hand was holding her hand. As her back was slightly bent backwards and Jimin leaned towards her, they stood ridiculously in the park, looking like they were about to dance the Tango. "Are you hurt? Are you okay?" he asked as he calmly pulled her towards him, "Is your ankle okay?" 

"Yeah, m-my ankle and I are both f-fine..." she looked down as a small chuckle left his lips.

"By the way, I caught you!" he said childishly, "I won, hahaha!" he patted her wet hair that was peeking out of her hood and laughed melodiously. 

Again, that feeling of her thumping heart filled her chest. Why was her heart fluttering? Was she possibly starting to like the guy before her? After all, how could someone dislike him? He's kind, handsome, intelligent, hardworking and caring, who wouldn't love a person like that; a so-called full package?

Her heart skipped a beat when he pulled her into a hug, "Y/N, I'm not trying to ruin the cheerful atmosphere, but I just wanted to say that I'm always here. I know I said that a while ago, but I want to keep on telling you until you actually turn to me. Until you believe you can turn to me... I wanna get to you, I wanna get to your heart, I wanna have a special place in your heart. And last but not least, I want to stay by your side for as long as it takes." 

Her heart fluttered for the millionth time in just an hour or maybe even less time, but that's not the point! Was that a love confession? What do those words really mean, that's what wouldn't leave her mind, not even while she was struggling with that damn math assignment.

"Hey!" a voice suddenly chirped startling the shit out of her as she slightly jumped in her chair, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Can I... emh... get in?" she nodded, still feeling a bit shocked from the heart attack she got a few seconds ago. "What's up? Oh, the math assignment!" he nodded in understanding. 

"I don't understand a shit!" she growled while tightening the grip on her own hair, "What hell is X even supposed to be? I fucking hate math and Mr. Joon! I regret not shouting that at the park because I really want to do so right now!" she finally released the grip on her hair and dropped her head onto her desk. A cute chuckled escaped Jimin's lips as he pulled her up to sit straight in her chair and grabbed her textbook, so he could take a look. 

"I finished the assignment at lunch today, so I can help you!" he offered and she gave him a desperate nod. He really struggled to hide his laugh at her 'I'm-so-done-with-everything-so-please-just-freaking-help-me' face. "Alright, you see, one important rule in algebra is..."

"What you do to one side, you do it also to the other side," they said in unison and with a smile on his face, he nodded slowly.

"Exactly, so you need to start by taking away seven from both sides," he instructed her and slowly guided her to the answer of the question.

"That's it?!?" she exclaimed, clearly dumbfounded by the easiness of the equation and by her former stupidity when not understanding the question. "Wow! I'm such an idiot, I'm amazed by how dumb I can be."

"That's not true, algebra isn't everyone's thing and it isn't mine either. I asked for extra help to get these ones done!" Jimin patted her back supportively, making her almost want to cry. He was so good at comforting and the fact that he was willing to tell her that he too struggled with this really hade her heart flutter again. This has been happening way too much recently, and she doesn't know what to do about it.

"Thank you so much, Jimin! Thank you for today, for the day before and thank you for helping me that day. Thank you for being your mother's son that had to stay here over..."  she hugged him. For the first time, she initiated the hug first and that completely crashed Jimin's heart. He was so happy as he hugged her back and planted a friendly kiss on her forehead.

"Stop thanking me, you have thanked me a thousand times today!" they both laughed as they let go of each other, secretly wanting to feel that warmness again.

To be continued...

Published date: 21st November 2020

[Edited Date: 23rd December 2020]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜