𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9 - 𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎

Wednesday, December 8th

Jimin and Y/N were pretty lucky that today there was no school since it was a holiday, last night they came back and ate late. Suddenly a loud horn-sound rang throughout the whole house making Y/N, her uncle and Jimin jump in surprise. Jimin rolled off his bed because of how startled he was and after he finally got up, he got dressed. 

"Ms. Han, what was that sound?" Jimin asked once he walked downstairs only to find her leaning on the bar-table with a slight smirk over her lips. However, what was weirder than that little smirk, was the huge conch in her hand, "M-Ms. Han? Isn't that a c-conch?" she smiled before giving him a nod.

"Yes, dear, it is. I use it to wake up those two, well and now you too..." she chuckled as she placed it back into its place - the small, glass commode at the corner of the living room, "Anyway, I use it to wake up everyone on special days, for example, today we are going to decorate the house!" she exclaimed excitedly and Jimin nodded in understatement. 

"Grandma, when will you stop with that crazy shit at 8:00 in the morning!" Y/N whined irritatedly as she walked down the stairs, her hands rubbing her tired eyes. 

"Watch your tongue! Damn, that little snake is always so grumpy..." Ms. Han mocked her by using the same whiny and irritated tone as she rolled her eyes, "Hurry up, kid!" she yelled, shaking her head at Y/N's sluggish stroll. 

"Have patience with her Ms. Han..." Jimin smiled at Y/N affectionately as he remembered her opening up to him. Just everything about her was captivating, the way smiles, the way her laugh sounds and the way she talks so attentively. The old woman that stood beside him, could, of course, see the admiration in the young man's eyes and that straight-away melted her heart.

Once everyone was sat at the table, including Y/N's uncle, they ate breakfast. "Wow! These are the best pancakes I have eaten in my whole life!" Jimin hummed as he ate happily his meal, dipping the soft pancake into the chocolate that was accumulated at the side of his plate. Y/N, who was sitting at the opposite side of him, stole a quick glance at Jimin's joyful face.

Damn, this guy is happy about everything... why is that even cute?

...

Everyone was finished with eating breakfast, washing their dishes, doing their morning routine and gathered in the living room. "So, we'll start with the Christmas tree! Let's set it up first!" Y/N's uncle said and stopped his mom before she could even get up, "Ma, you know that setting up the tree is pretty hard, the parts of it are very rough and there is a lot of bending that you need to do, so leave that up to us. You can help us decorate later!" she sighed and nodded.

"Thanks for being a caring son. Call me when you guys set it up, I'll go and prepare our lunch in advance..." everyone laughed at that grandma's restlessness. Oh, she was a funny one! 

Once the three of them had finished setting up the tree, they stared at it in amazement, "Wow, this a very big tree! It must've been expensive..." Jimin mumbled more to himself, but Y/N's uncle answered him anyway.

"Yup! It is expensive, that's why we've kept it for 15 years..." Jimin shot him a surprised look, "Yup!" he replied once again as if he's read Jimin's mind, "We had it for that long and it still looks this good." Jimin nodded, still feeling surprised, maybe the quote "Better to buy something expensive with good quality that can last for a long time, rather than something cheap and buy it over and over again." is actually right? "We are done, ma! Come on, let's decorate the tree!"

Ms. Han ran funnily over to the living room and they all dug into the various boxes filled with different decorations for the tree. The tree was then decorated with many different and colourful Christmas bubbles. "Wow! We did so well, now, who's gonna put the cherry on the top?" Ms. Han asked as she placed her hands on her hips. A small and witty smile spread over Jimin's joyful face as he walked up to Y/N without her noticing. Somehow, no one really knows how Jimin had managed to sit Y/N over his shoulders as she reached out to put the golden star at the top of the tree.

"I hate you for this idea, Jimin!" Y/N complained as he placed her down onto the marble floor of the cosy house. He shrugged at her comment, making everyone laugh at his silliness. 

"Let's proceed onto the lights!" Y/N's uncle said as he grabbed the boxes with Jimin and Y/N helping him out. "Jimin and Y/N, you guys decorate your balcony while mom and I decorate ours. Here choose whatever light you guys want." 

"Y/N you can pick," Jimin grinned gesturing towards all ten of the boxes that they had bought together. She picked the box of colourful lights with the black string. After that, they went onto their shared balcony and began adjusting the lights onto the railing. Y/N grabbed one end and Jimin grabbed the other, both of the twisting it around the railing and securing it with resistant tape. 

"Wow, it turned out well!" Y/N smiled as she looked at the lights while Jimin stared at her side-profile. He then turned his body to face her and patted her hair gently, making Y/N's heart soar from his touch.

"Yes, it looks beautiful..." 

By the end of the day, lights and Christmas decorations were plastered all around the house, instantly spreading warmness to anyone's heart. The light and cheerful atmosphere in the air, and the snowflakes that fell outside, made the mood even more perfect. Jimin felt as if he blended in very well, he felt welcomed and wanted in that place. 

...

"Hi, mom! How are you? Are things going well? Are you progressing? Tell me everything!" Jimin sighed as he threw himself onto his spacious bed that he couldn't get used to. 

"I wanna be honest with you, son and I don't want to tell you that everything is fine because that would be a lie. We have a few new clients, and the cafe isn't that miserable since I managed to fix the coffee machine by myself and I was able to call a guy to fix the toilet."

"Okay... thank you for being honest, but if that's going well and you said you aren't doing just fine... What's up with dad?" he faltered. Jimin was afraid that his dad hurt her... he never really hurt her physically, he hurt mentally, but he was always afraid that his father would go as far as hurting her in both ways. 

"Well... he's still being stubborn about the whole alimony story and I'm struggling with the court too. I can't really find a lawyer that would take a reasonable price and you know your dad can get one for himself. But it's okay! Son, please don't worry, I'll do it, I promise. By the way, how's it going with Ms. Han and her grand-daughter?"

"It's going well she is such a nice person! It's going well with her grand-daughter, Y/N too." he sighed, thinking if he should admit his feelings to his mom or not.

"Jimin is something on your mind?"

"No, not-"

"Don't lie~" she said with a hint of kindness in her voice.

"Okay, fine! She, Y/N, Ms. Han's grand-daughter, I like her..." he palmed his face as he rolled on the bed, feeling embarrassed after admitting his feelings. 

"Wow! My son, Jiminie has grown! Well, I wish you the best of luck with her! I should go ahead, there are some clients, wouldn't want 'em to run away..." 

"Okay, bye mom. I miss you!"

"Me too, Jiminie. Good luck with Y/N!"

To be continued...

Published for the first time: November 16th 2020

[Edited Date: 23rd December 2020]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜