𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5 - 𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐

Sunday, December 5th

It was somewhere around four PM, and Jimin had to leave his mom. Just as promised, from Friday till today's afternoon he stayed by his mom's side and had helped her out. Now, he had to say goodbye to her with this unpleasant idea of letting her solve her problems on her own. "Take care mom, and if you suddenly decide that you need me back here, I'll pack in a second and come here as soon as possible! Please eat well, rest and drink, okay?" Jimin hugged his mother tightly as if he were a baby with a soft smile was plastered over her lips as she gently patted his back.

"Thank you, Jimin. You have been a great son and you'll always be. Please stay grateful to Ms. Han, she's been pulling me back on my feet along with you all of my life... If you really want to help me out, please take care of her! And just so you know, she has grand-daughter..." Jimin's eyes widened and pulled away looking at his mom with concern. "Might as well get yourself a girlfriend..." she snickered and widened protestingly. "Alright, alright! Go now, or else you'll miss the train..." 

"Bye mom take care!" he exited the cafe hesitantly, with the unpleasant thought of his mom being on her own. She waved at him until he was out of sigh and he looked at her till the very end as if they were dramatically parting forever.  

...

Jimin had packed all his stuff from his tiny, suffocating and dull apartment. He laid on his bed with his luggage beside him as his mind was clouded with thoughts. Would he be able to adjust to the new environment and of course, about how would his mother be on her own? That way, he fell asleep in his cold and uncomfortable bed.

Monday, December 6th

Jimin dragged his luggage to school and left them in the High School office, he had asked the principal for a favour. It was weird and awkward when he came to school, but he didn't bother to care too much about it.

...

The day had been going as usual, until it was time for him to share his classes with a certain someone. Jimin looked at her as she walked into Mr. Joon's classroom, his heart fluttered when he saw her bright smile as she laughed with her friend, Lori. 

You see, Jimin has been liking Y/N since the very begging of this school year and for three months he had held his feelings back. He didn't know what exactly he liked about her, but it wasn't her looks, he couldn't deny she was cute, but it wasn't her face that attracted him. It wasn't her personality either since he barely knew a thing or two about her. It was just her, whatever it was, he just liked her. After all, loving someone without a reason is the best thing because when the reason is gone, the love is gone too.

And even though that day in the closet he hid his emotions behind his anxiety of being caught by Professor Joon, he was very nervous. However, what Jimin didn't know was that they were soon going to be in each other's lives whether they wanted it or not.

...

After school, Jimin went to grab his luggage and thanked the principal for the hundredth time for allowing him to leave it in the office. Once he was finally outside, he started to go to the unknown address but then he was startled seeing Y/N right in front of him. She was facing her back to him, a blue backpack on her shoulders as she was laughing at something with her eyes glued onto the screen of her phone. As usual.

 He quietly walked behind her, admiring her from behind, he was able to catch a glimpse of that pretty smile of hers. However, according to his phone, as he got closer and closer to his destination, he realized that Y/N would go the same way as him. As if she was guiding him, and in fact when his phone suddenly beeped signalling that he had arrived at his destination, he realized that she had stopped in front of the house that was supposedly his destination.

No way...

His heart clenched when he saw Ms. Han opening the door for Y/N and hitting her shoulders as she shouted at her. 

She can't possibly be Ms. Han's grand-daughter, right? How am I supposed to live with her? Fuck...

He panicked in his mind when suddenly he heard Ms. Han screaming his name, "Jimin! Jimin! This is the house, come in!" she waved her hand in the air as he smiled uncomfortably when he noticed Y/N staring at him as if she just saw the most impossible thing ever. "Don't just stand there! Hurry, hurry!" she cheerfully kept on inviting Jimin in, so he sighed and finally reached their house, standing at the door-step.

"Hello, Ms. Han! And Y/N... I-I didn't know Ms. Han was your grandma..." he stuttered slightly, feeling flustered to talk to her. 

"What? You two know each other?" the old woman asked as she stared in between them, noticing that something was clearly off.

"Y-yes... but don't tell me that he's the guy who's supposed to stay over?" Y/N spoke in a terrified tone, for some reason, she felt triggered in puzzling that Jimin was that guy. It was very unexpected and she didn't know why she really wished it was not him. Her hopes were completely crashed when Ms. Han gave her a firm nod and her tensed muscles relaxed in defeat. 

"Okay, okay hurry inside! Shoo! I need to make sure the meat doesn't go on fire!" Ms. Han mumbled more to herself as she ran back into the house. 

"Well, seems like once again I'm stuck with you. This time in a damn house..."  Y/N whispered irritatedly as she sighed and walked in, making Jimin's heart drop.

Why is she so annoyed by my presence? Did I do something wrong, does she hate me?

He gulped as he entered the house, hoping for those questions to stay unanswered since he was afraid to know why was she acting that way towards him.

To be continued...

Published for the first time: November 14th 2020

[Edited Date: 22nd December 2020]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜