04 - Spider-Girl

(The same night of the incident)

It's late at night, I was in my bed. I couldn't sleep. I heard muffled talking outside my door. My door opened "Y/n..." I turn my head and see Samantha at my door frame. She walked up to me and hugged me so tight, as if it were the last time we'd be seeing each other. Her hug just made me break down in tears. "Its all my fault Sam. She's gone. She's actually gone." I say through my tears. "It's not your fault y/n, it's gonna be okay y/n, I promise." She says stroking my hair.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

(This was about a month after her death)

I woke up knowing I have to go to school. I hadn't gone to school last month, my uncle nick told me I have to go back to school, and that I can probably fall behind in school. I sighed and got up off of my bed. I didn't even bother to try and look good. I slipped on some jeans and slipped on a hoodie. I slipped on my socks and shoes, brushed my tangled hair out. Brushed my teeth, then walked out of my room to leave. I turn to see Uncle Nick sitting at the table.

Not bothering him, I grabbed my bag and left.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

I was distracted all day. I couldn't focus, all that I could think of is her actually being gone. I kept thinking about 'what if' Then it came down to one. 'What if I agreed with Samantha to begin a hero, maybe then I could've saved her.' I got stuck on that one. Not only that. I could've saved everyone from being killed that night, well at least tried. And then that's when I thought my powers could be useful. And then that's when I realized that I wanted to be a superhero.

A/n: (you can play the song now if you'd like.)

꧁𒊹︎꧂

It was lunch, I had grabbed my tray I was walking to our table. Sam was already sitting there eating. I slammed my tray on the table and said "let's do it." She looked up confused "do what?" She asked. "Let's do it. Let's save people." She tilted her head and gave me a worried look. "Y/n, I don't think it's a good idea anymore-" I cut her off "come on! I can save people, like you said. I can be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Girl." I raised my eyebrow at her. I knew that she knew that She did say that. "I can stop people from being robbed, I can help the police with bank robbers and etc." I add on "Y/n..why did you change your mind all of a sudden?" She asks "well..I was going through my thoughts about how I could've saved Aunt Jamie, and I got stuck on on 'what if I agreed to being a superhero, I could've saved her'" I tell her. "Oh Y/n.." she gives me a sympathetic look. "No no no. You either agreeing to it or I'm doing this without you." I point at her. "I-uh- you got me." She says, she didn't want to, but her best friend had convinced her.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

After school I was in the science lab. After lunch I kept making notes and coming up with a way to make web fluid. I kept jotting down notes so basically the teachers thought I was paying attention.

 I kept jotting down notes so basically the teachers thought I was paying attention

A/n: (heheheheheee)

I started mixing my ingredients, this is about the 30th I tried making web fluid (I lost count). It didn't work out. I tried again with different ingredients. I did it! I jumped up out of my sit and started doing my dumb little happy dance. I turn and see someone had entered the class. 'Shoot.' I give them and awkward smile. They looked at me confused and leave the room. 'Wow. Way to be awkward y/n.' I told myself.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

I was in my room I hadn't eaten all day. I didn't feel hungry. But I had found some pieces from wood shop class that I could use for my web shooters. They didn't have everything I wanted so I ended up looking through dumpsters for more pieces. I smelled like garbage, but I showered once I got home. I had enough things to start building. I had been in my room for hours trying to figure out how to make my web shooters. I was almost done with my 12th attempted.

Knock knock

I turn to my door and see my uncle at the door frame "hey kiddo, um so do you want to talk about the-" "no I'm fine." I cut him off. "Oh uh okay. There's some leftover meatloaf in the fridge if you want any." He says trying to get me to eat. "Oh no its fine. Not hungry." I tell him. "Uh okay, I'll just get going then. See you later kiddo." He waves. He had to run errands. "Okay bye." I give him a weak and forced smile. He leaves. I turn back around and continue to work on my web shooters.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

~A few days later~

I was wearing black leggings, a black hoodie with sleeves that have been cut off, a long white sleeve under my hoodie, a black beanie/mask with holes (so I can see. Duh.), goggles, and gloves (they had been cut so you can see my fingers.) So yeah it looked like a onesie. (Yes, I had shoes on) I had my web shooters over my long sleeve shirt. I still haven't figured out what colors I want. I look ridiculous. "Do I really have to wear this?" I complain to Sam. "This is all we can do, for now." She says scanning my suit to check if I need anything else. "I look ridiculous." I said looking down at myself. "Would you rather go out there without this and expose yourself, or go out there with this and no one knows who you are." She argues. I sigh "with this" I mumbled but loud enough for to hear. "Exactly." She points. "Now let's go out there and train." She says and I sigh. This is gonna take a while to master.

꧁𒊹︎꧂

We were on top of a building "what are we doing here?" I asked "well your a basically a spider, and you've already made-" "I get it, okay so um if I fall and die. Tell my uncle I was drunk and fell off a building." I tell her "I'm-uh-what?" I started running at the other end of the building. I jump off the building, aim my left arm to the building in front of me. and move my middle and ring finger onto the button in the middle of my web shooters. The webs come out. I land onto the building. It worked! I landed on the roof of the building and started doing my little dance. "IT WORKS!!" Sam yells from the other building "it does!" I yell back. I smiled, that was the first real smile since the incident. This got my mind off of reality, off the fact Aunt Jamie was actually gone.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

End of chapter 4

A/n: (y/n's getting better 😁)

Song: Take A Walk by Passion Pit