Chapter 9

Mom and dad open the door and peak inside the kitchen. "You guys are dressed right." "Y-Yes dad we're dressed." I say and mom and dad sigh. They walk inside. "You're not making babies right?" My dad asks.

"No but I am making dinner." Ryder says and dad rolls his eyes. I roll my eyes and look at my lap. I continue kicking my feet as I wait for Ryder to finish cooking.

"At least you guys aren't fucking like somebody I know." Dad says. I glare at dad "let Ruby and Ch-Chase alone. Just because we h-have a boyfriend or girlfriend that doesn't m-mean you have to be a dick." He looks at me surprised and mad. "What did you say." "N-Nothing." I quietly say and look at my lap.

"That's what I thought." "Honey." Mom says and she smacks dads arm. "What if she wants to be part of our gang life I'm going to treat her like she's in it." Dad says angrily. Mom slaps him and grabs his arm. "We'll be back." Mom says as she pulls dad out of the kitchen.

"Are you ok?" Ryder asks. I nod "Yeah I'm fine." "You're dad doesn't like me." He says and I shrug. "I don't c-care what he does and doesn't like. You keep m-me protected, make sure I eat, love m-me, and give me attention. He's j-just mad that I have a boyfriend."

Ryder nods "I know but I don't want a father in law that'll hate me." "So you're going to force him t-to like you?" I say a little confused. Ryder laughs "no Angel but if he keeps giving me attitude and being a dick I am going to flip out one day."

I look at my lap. "L-Like when you flipped out on m-me." He sighs and walks the few steps over to me. I spread my legs so he can stand closer to me. "I already told you I'm sorry. I didn't mean it I was angry and pissed." "You were grump-grumpy." I quietly say and he nods. "Yeah Angel I was grumpy I didn't mean to lash out on you." "I-I know." He nods and kisses my forehead. He cups my cheek and rubs it with his thumb. I smile and lean into his touch.

He chuckles and kisses my nose. He pulls away and turns his attention back to whatever he's making. "What are you ma-making?" I ask and Ryder shrugs. "Nothing super fancy just spaghetti and meatballs." I nod "o-ok sounds yummy."

There's a knock on the door. Not the kitchen door no the actual door. Ryder looks at me and I shrug. "I'll get it." I hop off the counter and walk out of the kitchen. I walk over to the door and slowly open it. Hunter and one of Ryder's buddies are standing there.

"Is Ryder there." Hunter asks. I nod and point to the kitchen. They walk in the house. I close the door and walk into the kitchen. "I told them I'll come in tomorrow." Hunter whispers something to Ryder. "Look I don't care what they want. I'm not having a god damn meeting at 6:30 at night. I want to spend some time with Liv and that's what I'm going to do."

"I haven't seen her all week and I'll be busy tomorrow and Monday. They can wait until tomorrow." "But it's important." "Call them and give me the dumb phone." Hunter gets out his phone and starts to call someone. Ryder takes the phone. Mom and Dad walk in the kitchen. "Can you finish making dinner. Something came up and it's important." Ryder asks my mom.

She nods and walks over to the kitchen. Ryder walks out of the kitchen. Hunter and the other guy follow him. I sigh and sit in one of the chairs at the table.

"Do you see why I don't like you dating him?He's to busy to give you the attention you need. You're to young to understand the responsibility's of being a gang leader. His gang will always be his top priority." I scoff "that is a load o-of crap you're the leader of a gang and m-mom and me and my siblings are you're first priority."

Dad rolls his eyes "yes but I'm 42 Hunter is 18 he's barely an adult. He's not only taking care of his gang, but he's protecting you, and trying to spend time with you, and making sure you're eating. That's hard to do especially since there's only 24 hours in a day."

"He's d-doing a fine job." "I'm just saying maybe it'll be better for you if you lived with us." I cross my arms across my chest. "Ryder saved you. Why can't y-you be happy for me and thankful that he saved you instead of be-being a meany." Dad looks at me and sighs "I'm just saying that if he doesn't plan his days out so he can see you and give you attention. Then you guys are going to drift apart. And pooof no more Ryder and Olivia."

"Honey let her alone." My mom says a little angry. I sigh and stand up. "I'm not hungry you guys can eat. Put the food away wh-when you're done." Mom slaps dad "now look what you did." I roll my eyes and walk out of the kitchen. I walk into the living room and resume The Vampire Diaries. I wanted to watch it with Ryder, but that's not happening.

I sigh and grab one of the throw pillows. I rest my head on it and curl up in a kinda ball. I watch tv for a while. I try and keep my eyes open but they're just so heavy and I'm so tired. A quick nap won't hurt anyone.