18 | The Wedding

Narcissa was in a state of suppressed panic. In two hours, she would be married to Lucius Malfoy. This was the moment she had been waiting for since last year. Many emotions were passing through her: anxious, excited, happy, delighted. Her maid was currently curling her hair into precise strands, making sure it was as perfect as can be. As for Narcissa's dress, it was beautiful. The dress was a pale rose-gold, slim on her upper-body and dramatically billowing out at the bottom. There were glittery designs embroidered into the top half of her dress, which matched the rose-gold headpiece in her hair. Narcissa's eyes were lined with eyeliner which really brought out her almond-shaped eyes that were so different from her father and sister's. She had on a light blush and pale pink lip-gloss, and gold glitter was smudged on her eyelids. The charm bracelet Lucius had given her for Christmas was still on her wrist.

Narcissa had three bridesmaids: Giselle, Bellatrix, and Amphitrite Greengrass. Her bridesmaids wore matching beige dresses and light makeup similar to what she wore. The light makeup looked quite strange on Bellatrix, since Bellatrix usually had on dark makeup, but it still turned out pretty nice. 

As for decorations, everything was decked out in rose, gold, and white. Surprisingly there weren't many hints of Slytherin in the wedding other than snake designs here and there.  Narcissa didn't know what Lucius or his groomsmen (Evan Rosier, Rodolphus Lestrange, and Ryan Avery) looked like, and she wouldn't find out until the ceremony started.

"Again, we're immensely proud of you," Druella Black said. Bellatrix rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue at Narcissa behind Druella's back.

"I know, and I'm glad you are," Narcissa replied. She stared out of the window and out to the courtyard below them, where the wedding would be held. Everything was starting to come in place, with the huge ice serpent, delicious looking food, flower vases, and silverware.

"Yeah Cissy, I can't believe you're marrying Lucius Malfoy. I know you've been wanting this for a while and damn you're going to be rich," Bellatrix said.

Druella rolled her eyes, "Bellatrix, please refrain from using improper words."

After what seemed like a really short time but in reality was two hours, Narcissa found herself gracefully walking down the aisle with her arm linked with Cygnus Black, who was wearing a beige suit that matched the groomsmen and bridesmaids. Narcissa was staring at Lucius, and she felt her heart pounding in her chest. Lucius was wearing a white-gold suit with elaborate patterns embroidered in gold silk on his tie and the cuffs of his sleeves. His hair was styled back into the ponytail Narcissa thought looked so good on him, and she could see a hint of the good-luck charm necklace she had given him. In short, he looked absolutely divine. 

Lucius caught her eye and gave a radiating smile, which Narcissa returned. Out of the corner of her eye she could make out a glaring Augustus and Janice. Narcissa didn't care, she only had eyes for Lucius today. She glided toward Lucius, and once they were directly in front of each other, she heard Lucius murmur, "I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I love you, Narcissa Black, soon to be Malfoy."

On the verge of crying tears of pure happiness, Narcissa whispered back, "I love you too, Lucius Malfoy. I'm so lucky to be marrying you."

Their blissful moment was interrupted by Orion Black, who was managing the wedding vows. "Today we are gathered here under the union of two powerful, influential Pureblood families – the House of Black and Malfoy. We have the honor of seeing beautiful Narcissa Black and handsome Lucius Malfoy unite and continue the Pureblood legacy."

Orion now turned to Lucius. "Lucius Abraxas Malfoy, the heir of the Malfoy family. Do you take Narcissa Black to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to Merlin's regal ordinance?"

Never breaking eye contact with Narcissa, Lucius gave a half-smile and said, "I do."

Orion now turned to Narcissa. "Narcissa Cassiopeia Black, youngest woman in the Black line. Do you take Lucius Malfoy to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to Merlin's regal ordinance?"

It was Narcissa's turn to smile at Lucius, "I do."

"Then in the name of Merlin, I declare you husband and wife. You may now kiss."

That was all Lucius needed to hear. He wrapped his muscled arms around Narcissa's waist, and pulled her into a crushing kiss. Everything that had happened between the two of them seemed to be resurfaced through this kiss, and now tears were glistening down Narcissa's cheeks. She was the happiest she had ever been, and the tightness in which she wrapped her arms around Lucius' neck was enough proof. In the background clapping could be heard as all of the guests stood up and cheered, all of them wearing delighted expressions. Finally, Narcissa and Lucius pulled apart and the way they were looking at each other made one feel like they were interrupting a very private moment.

Cocktail hour went by pretty fast. Not wanting to get drunk because of the possibility of forgetting details of this happy event, Narcissa mostly just stood there thanking all of the people coming up to congratulate her. Lucius was by her side the whole time, one arm casually wrapped around her neck.

The wedding photos were pretty pleasant too, although Narcissa felt herself getting slightly impatient with a couple of them. Narcissa had some photos alone with Lucius, and some with her family. She would be including these pictures in her new scrapbook she was starting for this new phase in her life.

The dancing, cake cutting, and wedding activities were Narcissa's favorite part. Lucius was twirling Narcissa around so fast and their dancing was getting more and more passionate. Eventually, Amelia Malfoy had to quietly walk up to the pair and remind them they were in public and to not act too wild. Both of them felt like they were on cloud nine, and they were. 

The flashing of cameras were going off everywhere, and Narcissa knew they would be headline news in the Daily Prophet the next morning. 

The wedding cake itself was tall and grand. There were seven tiers, all decked out in intricate patterns created by the frosting, and on the top layer sat a white-gold jeweled snake.

Finally, after a very long and happy day, Narcissa closed her eyes with the feel of Lucius' arms wrapped around her in Malfoy Manor, under comfy silk sheets. In the moment she had been lying in bed, she knew Lucius was the right man for her. No longer did dreams of Augustus Rookwood cloud her vision. Narcissa only hoped Lucius loved her as much as she loved him.