Chapter 18

The news broadcast of the fight ended. Seth wasn't going to expose Ryan's identity yet, so he had his people clear the press from the area.
"We've come to help! Ryan, you can come out. We're going to get you guys and the robot home," one of Harper's employees yelled up at the robot.
Leo winced, walking in. "Is that...?"
"They know it's us! Seth came to save us!!" Harris exclaimed.
"Seth? As in Seth Harper?" Leo asked in disbelief. "No no no... You can't trust him. Ryan, get us out of here."
Harris glanced over at him. "Why? What are you talking about? The robot's in bad shape, and they came to help us..."
"If Harper knows then that means... Reece told your secret! I told you we couldn't trust her!" Mark exclaimed.
"Reece?" Leo asked. "What does Reece have to do with Harper?"
"He's her guardian... Why? Do you know her?" Spyder asked.
Leo leaned against the wall. "No no no... Override Cotton Candy Alpha!"
The robot moved on its own, taking off back towards the base. Everyone held on to something to avoid being flung around by the movement.
"Whoa! Leo, what's wrong?" Ryan asked, steadying himself.
"Seth is the one who put me in his prison," Leo explained, frowning and running a hand through his hair. "And Reece... Reece is my daughter."

- - - - -

"Looks like your friends didn't want my help," Seth said. "I guess they were okay after all."
He knew what it really meant... They saved Leo, and Leo probably told them everything. His time with Reece was limited until she found out everything too or Leo confronted him or-
"I'm just glad they're okay," Reece replied, smiling. "Thanks for trying to help them. I don't know why they left..."
"Yeah..." Seth said slowly. "Reece, what do you think about the present state of the world?"
"Oh, um..." Reece thought for a moment. "I guess it's a bit of a mess, but things are slowly getting better."
"Exactly. It's a mess. And I don't know if slowly is enough to fix it at this rate, do you?" Seth asked.
Reece thought to herself. "Maybe not, but... What else can we do?"
Seth sighed and showed her his computer. "I have a plan... I had no idea your friends were the ones in my way, but maybe we can talk it out. I don't want to hurt them. I'm going to create a new world... With only the best. You and your friends will be there. We can start over and treat the world better than all these people ever did."
"I... How would only some of us 'start over?'" Reece asked cautiously.
"I use the monsters to destroy it," Seth stated seriously.
"You'd destroy the world for billions for only a few selected people to 'start over?'" Reece asked, stunned.
Seth nodded. "Exactly."
"And you've been behind all of this? The monsters and...and everything?" Reece questioned, her heart sinking.
"I have," Seth admitted. "But you've seen the numbers! You know my world would be better... You can't just keep hoping the world will get better. We have to actually do something! No one else has a better plan, so I made my own."
Reece looked at him in shock. "Seth, you can't just... All those people..."
Seth sighed. "I knew you wouldn't understand, but... You'll forgive me eventually."
Reece blinked. "What are you talking abo-?"
Reece became unconscious from her IV.
"Take her and the other worthy ones to the bunker. We're ending things before Leo ruins my plan... The robot is still vulnerable. Release all the monster cores, and get me those pilots alive!" Seth ordered.
His guards nodded and relayed the information to the others, setting his plan in action.
Seth glanced over at Reece and sighed. "Hopefully, you won't hate me too much. This is better for us... Trust me."
He then walked out as the guards took Reece to his bunker.