For the better

Walking to school, I felt confident and at peace with the day ahead. After all, Jason and his friends have been suspended from school for the next week. Soon I reached the school gates, where I usually met my friends. And that's when I realized, this is all just a story I made on wattpad.

(I'm sorry, I couldn't help messing around) 

(Take 2)

And that's when I realized, I was LATE. The school rang the 2nd bell just as I entered the premise. As I went to my locker, I looked around to see if anyone else was still in the hallway. To my surprise, there was one person still in the hallway, getting stuff out of her locker. Rachael. The second she saw me she smiled brightly and waved. She opened her mouth to say something, but the third bell cut her off. I shrugged, grabbed my books + laptop and headed off to class. 

Timeskip

Rodger: "Why did you take so long coming to school. We were waiting for you up until the first bell."

Me: "I'm sorry okay? I didn't realize until I got here."

Brady: "Now that Y/n is here, can you tell me?"

Me: "Tell you what?"

Brady: "Rodger said he had something important to tell us. We were waiting for you but you didn't come. Not in time that is."

He then looked to Rodger, who looked excited.

Brady: "Just spit it out Rodger."

Rodger: "Okay, guys, I got....                 ....a girl friend."

That caught me off guard and me and Brady both burst out laughing. 

Me: "You? A girlfriend? You sure you didn't have some weird dream last night?"

Brady: "Or get a bonk on the head."

Me and Brady laughed hysterically for a few more moments, all the while Rodger sat there Flustered.

Rodger: "I'm serious. I met her playing Fallguys!" 

At that point, me and Brady were practically crying (laughing so hard).

Me: "You met her on...        ...your retarded."

Brady: "Dude, what if it ends up being some like 50 year old GUY!?"

Rodger: "Its not."

Me: "How do you know?"

Rodger: "Voice chat."

Brady: "That doesn't prove anything."

Me: "Have you even MET this person, or even SEEN her?"

Rodger: "Well, no but..."

Brady: "Rodger. She's not your girlfriend."

Rodger: "Fine, but she could be...."

I sighed, face tired from laughing.

Brady: "Rodger, you're a hopeful one, make no mistake."

He smiled and laughed a little.

Rodger: "Yes I am."

We all laughed and went back to talking about normal stuff.

Timeskip

I sat in the library reading up on one of my history books, peacefully minding my own business. Rodger was going back to his locker to get something for class and Brady said the machine cheese he had for lunch was makin him sick, leaving me to sit at a table in the library by myself. That is, until I saw a familiar furry approach me out of the corner of my eye.