Hello, love

Azure had described Mystic Falls as a pretty little town, which in Aliza's opinion was vaguely right. It looked peaceful, surrounded by deep forest, the houses were small but seemed spacious. There was serene energy that Aliza felt whenever she glanced outside the window to see the town. It was different than New Orleans. But both the places were special in their own way. If Aliza had a choice she would've preferred Mystic Falls because it felt so cozy and warm.

She could have enjoyed the view for a much longer time if a certain moron would have stopped pushing her at every turn they took. Kol would say an 'oh sorry' or a 'my bad' and then proceed to 'accidentally' hit her with his elbow.

Aliza refused to give in to his continuous attempts to get a reaction out of her, waiting for the right moment. 

She glanced at Kol who was applying some cream on his face for god knows what reason and gave him a weird look.

He noticed and said, "Well I have to take care of this handsome face," He smiled smugly.

Aliza snorted, "Yeah, babies do have delicate skin. Did you pack your diapers?"

"Oh my god." Enzo laughed.

"Watch the road!" Vincent yelled.

Kol smacked the back of Aliza's head.

"Ouch!" She punched him on the arm.

"Little devil!"

"Babyface!"

The car slowed down, and Vincent fixed both of them with his classic 'I will smite you if you don't shut up' glare. In her defense, Aliza was quiet almost the entire ride, so it wasn't her fault if she decided to have enough of Kol's stupidity.

She was about to point that out but the words seemed to be stuck in her throat when she saw what was ahead of them.

The school was spectacular when it came into view, it stood out in a way that made Aliza believed that it had a life of its own. Anyone with good observation skills could notice that whoever made that school wanted the kids to feel welcomed and safe, they wanted the place to look like home. Now she understood why Azure was excited on her behalf, why she kept saying that Aliza will love it.

She sure did.

A huge circle of grass was situated in middle, between the two driveways. Niklaus' car had arrived before them and she could see the rest stepping out of the car. Aliza was feeling a little down over the fact that the school would be fairly empty because they sent most of the people home or shifted them somewhere else.

Enzo parked the car and they stepped out, Vincent glaring at them while Enzo looked like he was having the time of his life.

"Enzo almost ran us into a tree."

"You guys haven't even been here for five minutes and just wow."

Aliza's attention turned towards the entrance and what she didn't expect to see was a face she did not expect to see at all.

It was the hummingbird woman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mystic Falls was just as Klaus remembered, nothing much changed except there seemed to be more people and few more shops around. The town did not lose its charm and peace. If he was being honest, it felt good to be away from the busy streets of New Orlean. He wished he could meet Hope, he missed her so much, but first, they had to make sure that Aliza knows the truth.

This was all Hayley's idea, stating that it would be better for Hope to have someone close to her age in her family. He wasn't very excited about this but after Freya found out, he couldn't refuse any longer. He wouldn't admit to anyone but ever since that girl came into their house, a sense of normality paved its way through them. There was something about the girl, she had a certain personality that, he noticed, made everyone around her like her. It was nice, but he wanted Hope to be part of this too.