Chapter 5

"This was my home until about a week ago

"This was my home until about a week ago. A strange ship approached the island, and dozens of droids marched on my village. I-I was the only survivor." she choked, another tear running down her cheek. Anakin gently put his arm around her shoulder.

Obviously, no one could replace the empty spot in his heart where Ahsoka used to be, but he could feel this girl needed help, and he knew if Ahsoka were here, she would help this lost girl with everything she had, and now he would do the same. Sometimes, the padawan teaches the master, and that is one way where Ahsoka taught him a valuable lesson. He would never reject someone who needs help, but she taught him how to be more compassionate about it.

"Did you live with your family?" he asked. She took a deep breath to calm herself before responding. "I lived with my mother. My father passed away when I was very young. I had an older brother, but he was old enough to move out and left a couple of years ago. I don't know where he lives now and I lost touch with him. His name was Ashton, he was 11 years older than me. When I was little, we used to go swimming together in the ocean and look at all the creatures. We would play in the jungle trees and race from one end of the beach to the other. He was a lot older, but I always won." she smiled at the happy memory. "He sounds like a great big brother," Anakin said.

There were a couple of moments of silence where Saasha laid her head against Anakin's shoulder. She watched little animals come and eat the food scattered on the ground. 

Her eyes then fell back on her hut. She stood up and walked over to it. Anakin stayed seated on the log to give Saasha some space. She pushed open the door and listened to the familiar creaking noise. As she entered the hut, memories of her past swirled through her mind. 

Her family didn't have many belongings. No one in her village really did. It wasn't that they were poor; however, they just didn't have lots of belongings. That's the way they grew up. 

She saw the bowls, plates and cutlery still sitting in the sink. She walked slowly through the kitchen and family room, taking in her former home, most likely one last time.

She saw the door open to her mother's room and entered it. Everything was still where it always was. She looked at the bed and remembered how she used to cuddle up to her mother when there was a thunderstorm when she was little. 

Something sparkly then caught her eye on her mother's dresser. She walked over to it, and a necklace with a pendant attached to it rested on the dresser. She picked up the necklace and admired the pendant she had seen her mother wear every day of her life. The pendant was a circle shape but had a wave outline on it. It was hollow, and the wave was filled with sand and coral.

(Photo does not belong to me)

She hung the necklace around her neck and took one more look at her own room before leaving her home

She hung the necklace around her neck and took one more look at her own room before leaving her home. When she exited the hut, she closed the door gently and whispered, "I will see you again one day, mother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't-

(Found on Google, not sure who to credit)