Chapter 38

I sat on the couch in the bedroom thinking of how to occupy my day. I decided to take a tower of whatever place we were staying in, so I left the bedroom. If felt surreal how I could push away the paranoiac voices in my head and stay alone when Klaus left. Of course I was scared but had to force myself not to freak out, be strong and fight my demons.

I was walking along a hallway when I saw a little shadow walking away. My heart felt in my stomach thinking it was a ghost running in the house like some cliché movies would show.

My better judgement told me to get back to the bedroom but my curiosity told me to go look and that's exactly what I did. I quickened my steps and finally reached where I saw that shadow just to come face to face with a toddler.

He was sitting on the floor.

I looked down at him for a while before he turned, seeing me. He gave me a smile, then stood up and running few steps. Before he could get any farther away, I caught him in my arms lifting him from the ground.

He squeeled. I put my face on his tummy and did a "no" head wave causing him to laugh. I repeated it for a while making him laugh over and over again untill he didn't try to get away anymore.

" No, no, let's take you to your mom" I said holding him properly walking to the unknown. The place looked big and I was sure everyone could easily get lost in here. We walked around the house for what felt like an eternity.

We passed through two living rooms one kitchen, hundreds steps but it felt like it wasn't all the house could offer so we kept going. When we finally got to the second kitchen, I saw a woman talking to people who seemed like guards. She was in tears while explaining something to the men.

" Hello" I called and all their head snapped towards my voice. The woman gasped and ran towards me taking the smiling boy into her arms sobbing and kissing him.

" Thank you so much" her eyes were so red and she looked drained.

" Where have you been, sweetie? You've momma do worried" she said in-between kisses, looking at the little boy in her arms who now look sad at his mother's face.

" You're welcome" I say still looking at them. The guards leave but I stay looking at the woman. She looked so trouble looking around for her child. That made me think about my own parents.

Did they think about me? Were they even wanting me or looking for me? I sighed as I turned on my heels leaving the mother and her found child.

For the rest of the day I kept roaming around the castle. It was large enough to distract me from Klaus' absence and even if I wanted to see him, home was nowhere to be found in the while place. I spent some time in the breathtaking garden that had almost every existing flower in it. They were ordered in colours from big ones to smaller ones and were placed in a way that no specimens touched the other.

Some interbred flowers were also growing in between. The ones that defy the other and will of the gardeners. I smiled at the thought.

It was eleven when I finally went to bed after a light dinner and Klaus wasn't there, yet. I closed my eyes trying to sleep. It was a little bit difficult at the beginning since I couldn't stop thinking how angry I was because of Klaus.

He left in the morning and it was almost twelve and he wasn't back yet. " I thought we were supposed to be on a vacation!!" I wanted to scream but I felt asleep still fuming.

~~°°~~°°

The side of the bed behind he deeped and a hand gathering me against a firm chest took in then a face nuzzled in my neck. I blinked few times as the room was pitch black.