Prologue

I am a nobody. My name is not known by millions or chanted in arenas. My face has never been plastered on a wall or vied after by screaming fans. Now that’s just me. Then there’s my older brother, James. New heartthrob in Hollywood. At first, all he was, was the lead in our high school’s musical. Then he had his band. And then, closing night of Hamlet, an agent from Hollywood watched his performance and begged him to move to Los Angeles for a movie audition. In case no one guesses what happens, he got the lead. And since then, my dear brother has never disappeared. Unlike me who blends into shadows. Because of him, we moved from our nice, strictly middle class home in rainy Oregon to some disgustingly immodest home somewhere seclusive in LA. Mom and Dad like it because they consider it a gift from their millionaire son. I take it as a bribe because I feel I won’t be able to forgive him for taking us far away from home.

    Now, I probably sound like a selfish snot. My brother is rich and doing amazing things and I hate it. I have made zero friends here because all those who even considered friendship were those who knew about my brother’s fame. I honestly can’t even begin to explain how many people have tried to buddy up with me. It’s disgusting. What’s even more disgusting is how quickly they adapt to my interests and likes so hanging out with them isn’t a pain. And then I start catching on to their wandering looks and the fluttering eyes when James walks in. Their requests for James to come around are never ending. I can’t tell you how many friends have come and gone. Eventually I am just a nobody off in the corner as my “friends” hang out with James. His celebrity friends would come over and I would lock myself away in my room. No celebrity wants to see some boring civilian when they are hanging out with their friends. And besides, I would probably start fangirling and that’s probably the last thing they want when they are chilling. I’ll let them play Call of Duty and I’ll mind my own business. That’s how it’s worked for the past couple years. That’s the way it always will work.

 ----------------------

First story on Wattpad! I really hope you all enjoy it and look forward to more as time progresses!