Dec. 12

"Gift Shopping"

[ Y/n ]

Miles and I stood in the mall, mouthes agape, wide eyed.

"So we go get each other... Whatever we want?" Miles asked Quint who responded with a nod. "But don't let the other person see what you got them. They aren't supposed to know until Christmas."

I looked back at Ms. Grose who smiled at me. "Alright! I'll see you later Y/n/n!" Miles kissed me then let go of my hands. He grabbed Quint's hand and pulled him along. I turned to Ms. Grose who crouched down to my height. "Where would you like to go first darling?"

I looked around and sighed. "I dunno... The toy store!" Ms. Grose nodded and we walked into the toy store. I immediately walked over to the trains. Miles likes trains. There was the brand new train that actually moved on it's own. "That!" I picked up one off the big boxes. Ms. Grose grabbed it and put it into the cart she had gotten somewhere along the way.

We walked through the isles and I looked for something Miles would like. I saw a weird little contraption and picked it up. "What's this?" I asked. "That's a camera. You put film in, take a picture, and wait a few minutes. Then you have a picture you can keep forever."

"Get him that too!" She grabbed the box along with some smaller boxes.

I wonder what Miles is doing right now...

[ Miles ]

Quint held up a dress, it had lots of lace. "I'm gonna see her naked with that on."

"That's the point Miles!"

I shook my head and pushed it away. "This place is weird. Y/n doesn't want any of this." Quint sighed and picked me up. He put me in the shopping cart and we walked out of the store. "So were do you want to go Miles?" I shrugged and looked around. "The toy shop!" I pointed Quint to the toy shop and he pushed the cart inside.

We looked all around for a moment before giving up. "She's gonna hate anything I get her... I don't even know what she wants! She doesn't play with toys!"

"Well come here." Quint pushed the car to a section with dolls. We looked all around before I saw the perfect one. "That one!" She was wearing a fancy dress with dark brown curls and flowers in her hair. I grabbed it and sat back down in the shopping cart. "What's next?" Quint asked. "Ummm... Stuffed animals!" He nodded and pushed the cart to the stuffed animal section.

"She like frogs." I looked back at Quint who was staring at something else. I followed his gaze to a woman. I slapped him and he looked back at me. "I said Y/n likes frogs. Get one from the top."

Quint ruffled my hair and reached up to grab the frog stuffed animal on the shelf. He was pushing the cart out to the register when I saw a poster with different flowers on it. "That!" Quint looked over at it before walking over and grabbing on off the shelf.

. . .

[ Y/n ]

Miles and I were playing in the snow while Ms. Grose and Quint wrapped our presents for each other. He couched down and picked up a little snow in his glove. Miles put it in his mouth and stood up. "Why'd you do that?"

"I was thirsty!" He exclaimed. "But that's snow!"

"Snow is water. Eat some." He got a handful and held it out to me. I ate it and stared at him. "You're right." I said. "I know I am. I'm always right. All my teachers say I'm smarter than the average child."

I hugged him suddenly, which made him stop talking. He hugged me back, resting his head on top of mine. "I love you Y/n/n."

"Like you love Flora?"

"Ew, no. Like your mom loves your dad."

"Oh... Well I love you like that too Milo."