2✧Past life

When all the four sat down, Mei with a glass of water and a hesitant Chenle with a cup of hot cocoa, in their hands and to listen to why Mei and her son were at their house at that time of the night, it was soon to be 12.

"So..." Ara spoke.

"You were right all along Ara." Mei said.

"Huh?" She was confused.

"That man really wasn't right for me. I don't know what I saw in him that I didn't trust my well wishers, even my parents. Bastard." Mei spoke monotonously. That's when the Parks started to understand the situation even just a little.

"He forced me to divorce him. After all these years, all these years giving me false hope, fake love," she paused to release a breath, "He left me, he took my everything and divorced me this afternoon. He left me for another woman." Mei broke down and covered her face with her hand, cursing in Chinese.

Chenle's hold around the cup tightened as his head hung low.

Ara and Chiwon sighed.

"He never loved his own son. He promised me he'd take care of us as I was already pregnant, he told me he'd love his son as he was born just after 2 weeks of our marriage. But he stopped everything a year after. He never loved him after. Never gave him the love he deserves as his son, his business was always with me." Mei was crying her heart out while Chenle was getting enraged bit by bit and his hold around the mug was getting tight, turning his knuckles white.

"Tell me Ara, was my love nothing to him?" Mei looked up at her friends.

After hearing that Chenle bursted, "Enough mom, he did not love you, that was not love what you called it. He never gave you attention, you should have left him first. He didn't deserve you, it's his lose. Stop crying, please."

"We already told you back then Mei..." Chiwon spoke.

"I know," another pause, "You guys were right. You were right all along." Mei cried once again before taking her time to calm down while the others sat there silently.

After around 10 minutes, Mei spoke again, "I have a favor to ask you guys.. keep Chenle here with you. You are all I know Ara and brother Chiwon..." She wept a little and spoke with hesitance.

"We will be glad to help you Mei, anything for you." Ara assured her.

"I know I didn't contact you for 19 years—"
"Mom I'm telling you again, it's him, who did not let you. Stop blaming yourself for everything."

Another silence took over them. The Parks really felt sympathetic towards them, just hoped they weren't abused. True it was, even they themselves tried to contact but it was all cut off by Mei's husband and Mei never knew.

'And she never knew.' Chiwon mumbled silently which was only heard by his wife, who only nodded in return.

Then Chiwon spoke again, "I think you both should live with us here—"

"—no no no, I can't do that... But can you... please give shelter to my son?" Mei cut him off.

When no one spoke, Mei continued, "Please he is all I have to call as mine and I want him to fulfill his dream, my dream. Chenle wants to be a doctor... He is a really brilliant student.." her face lit up slightly, then dropped the next moment, "with my salaries, my savings and just a little of his help, I'm glad he helped at least, I did my best to support him, help him with his studies all these years, but for higher educations, I really cannot afford it, not anymore, I'm really sorry, I can't claim for maintenance either. He took my everything... But I don't want to complain against him, if he's happy with his new life partner, then I won't create any problems for them." She wept again.

"But it's your salaries and savings Mei." Ara tried to explain to Mei.

"Maybe he needs them more than us."

"More than your son's future?" Chiwon enquired.

Mei hung her head low, she was really ashamed that she still loved that man, she still couldn't fight back. The Parks sighed.

"What do you think of doing now?" Ara asked after a while.

---------------

Votes and/or comments are appreciated - I ain't publishing no more if I don't get 5 votes each chapter 😤

Published: 20-11-2020

Words: 753