33✧Family

3 years later.

In these 3 years some remarkable things had happened. Ara and Chris have kept their promises of visiting them often. Which has also resulted in Chenle getting teased by his own parents plus by Jisung's parents more. The two had gotten a lot closer over past 3 years. Maybe the word clingy would fit better for them. But not everything was happy and joyful for them all the time.

Last year Ara was hospitalized for her ankle and knee getting injured. She was found in the foot of the staircase, unconscious. Clothes littered around her and her body temperature was too high. Chiwon found her in that state when he was going to the kitchen. Thankfully her brain wasn't injured but blood was oozing out of her forehead.

The doctors said, it happened due to exhaustion, she couldn't keep balance and fell down the stairs (as she informed them from as much as she remembered) and twisted her ankle very badly. It wasn't that severe but the Park family members were very anxious and worried, including Chenle.

She was admitted to Little Suns of course. Chenle and Jisung visited her every day after Chenle's classes was over. Chiwon visited her wife on the weekends.

After she was discharged, Chenle took every responsibility to look after her. From giving her medicines timely to help her in small work-outs to gain the strength back in her legs.

He strictly restricted her in doing any kind of activities until her next check up which was 2 weeks later. She was persistent in getting a wheel-chair and move around the house but Chenle did not allow it, knowing full well that she would start doing every job by herself and won't let anyone help her. Chiwon and Jisung obviously agreed with him and they got a sulky Ara for the next day. But after Chenle's enough convincing she gave in to them. Chiwon was always there by her side if she needed to move around their room.

A week later when she was discharged, Ara has gotten a good scolding over the phone from Mei. After they hung up, Ara shook her head and giggled as she remembered Mei's scolding and earned looks from the other 3 present in the room. Ara only grinned at them innocently and they all shook their heads.

Jisung has fully taken over the kitchen after the incident and also of their needs of breakfast, lunch and dinner. He had to make 2 kinds of dishes for the family, his mother's dishes being different and healthier from theirs or sometimes same but the ingredients being different.

After the check up Ara was allowed to do little tasks but not the heavy ones. 'Chenle would be a strict doctor.' She commented and everyone had a good laugh that day, Chenle was pleased with himself and proud would be an understatement of what Jisung was feeling.

Things were going back to normal - happy days.

✧✧✧

Then after months of the incident, when Jisung was making lunch for everyone on a Sunday, Chiwon was sitting on a chair, spending some time with his son, but with a newspaper in his hand. His specs were loosely rested on the bridge of his nose as he was observing his son and intently listening to his son's rants about Chenle only.

He was amused. He expected his son to talk about his training experiences and studies related to such subject or how he was feeling by finally being able to work as a chef. Jisung's training course was already over a month ago and he was now working as a chef at one of the restaurants of Asteroids.

Chiwon was kind of surprised after hearing his son mentioning Chenle, suddenly in a topic actually related to cooking. He raised his eyebrow and looked at his son from above the newspaper. Jisung was so engrossed in cooking and talking about Chenle that he didn't notice his father's stare. He kept talking about Chenle for an hour, and when he realized what he was spewing until now, it was too late. Too late to not get teased.