21✧New closure

Jisung has Chenle sat down with him again for a 'talk' for an hour now, and after they were done, Jisung has brought Chenle to their garden.

"What are we doing here?" Chenle asked curiously looking at Jisung, slightly confused.

"You said that you feel like a burden to us, our family, last time! That you want to help us with something - anything? I should've done this before but better late than never right?" Jisung asked back gently.

Chenle only nodded looking at Jisung, not understanding what the boy was up to.

"So I'm giving you a job, that is, gardening, it'll keep you occupied, relieve your stress and also you will not feel that you are a burden to us anymore. You said 'any kind of help you'll do' and I think gardening will be best for you. As much as it needs time to take care of the plants, you still will be able to continue your studies at specific times and this might be even helpful for you to memorize your studies." Jisung smiled at Chenle.

Chenle was only taking in what Jisung was saying then he nodded with a smile on his face. He won't lie that the garden always made him calm so getting to help at gardening made him happy too. Then he uttered out a small "Thank you" after that.

"Mmhmm." Jisung hummed and put his hands inside the pockets of his pant, "And for the students, just like you said, if they are not helpful or worse, teases you or gives you hard time, you have the right to complain or you can just not entertain them with their bullshit."

Chenle slightly giggled after hearing Jisung cuss and Jisung shyly rubbed his nape mumbling a sorry for saying a cuss word. Chenle shook his head assuring that it was fine.

"Let's go inside now. It's getting cold outside." Chenle spoke and indeed they both were feeling cold winds brush their limbs even if they were clad in mediocre warm clothes.

Jisung nodded and motioned for Chenle to walk ahead of him again but this time Chenle shyly and hesitantly hrld onto Jisung's hand using three of his fingers and indicated him that they should walk together, avoiding eye contact immediately after that.

He also didn't know what made him do that, but he felt at peace after holding Jisung's hand. Even though the wind was cold outside, Jisung's hand was warm. And the way Jisung also entangled his fingers with him a little later, made him feel warm inside. He was feeling happy to have a friend like Jisung.

On the other hand Jisung was surprised at Chenle holding his hand, but nonetheless, he intertwined his fingers with the other and smiled.

But another thought started bugging Chenle just after then, 'Was Jisung only a friend to him? Then why does it feel different, something fuzzy inside him, whenever they are together and alone. But with his all willpower, he pushed the thought at the back of his mind for now. Because he needs to focus on his dreams not on stupid feelings. He needs to become a doctor to help people. He has already conquered the first step for it and he needs to pass 3 more steps in the near future.

When they were in front of the door of their house, Jisung spoke, "I know there was something you didn't tell me today, but I'll wait for it, when you're ready."

Chenle was slightly taken aback at first but then a red hue dusted his cheeks slightly. He looked at the ground and nodded.

Jisung smiled and opened the door for them to enter.

"Heyoo kiddos, I've made some snacks, wanna eat?" Ara enthusiastically asked them seeing them entering the house.

Chenle looked at Jisung and asked quietly, "May I serve?"

Jisung shrugged and told brightly, "Ask your aunt."

Chenle then looked back at Ara and asked the same question again, "May I serve?"