6✧Hurt

Now all four of them were having dinner.

Ara asked Chenle about his day and got short replies such, "good" or "yes" or "no". But they didn't mind, they understood that Chenle is really shy and introverted.

When Chenle was almost finished dinner he stopped eating and said a full sentence for the first time to them, "Does Jisung not go to college?" He asked looking down at his plate.

Ara smiled as Chenle asked a question for the first time, she was happy but was worried too because of the subject of the question. But Jisung wasn't happy about the question at all. He also stopped eating and kept looking at his plate.

"After he graduated high school he didn't want to continue study anymore. We told him but he didn't want to go to college, neither does he want to take over my company. He wants to become a chef instead and work on his own will. So we didn't pressure him anymore." Chiwon spoke on behalf of his wife and son.

"If he's interested in cooking, then he should take classes of it!" Chenle mumbled, everyone heard it of course.

Jisung sat there for a while not eating, before he pushed his plate away and stood up from his chair. He washed his hand and face and sprinted upstairs.

"Jisung wait, he didn't know." Ara looked at the boy who was storming off to his room and called out after her son to no avail.

Chenle watched Jisung, watched how he reacted. He immediately felt sorry. He felt he has trespassed their family matter. He felt he has hurt Jisung's feelings. He felt like he shouldn't have opened his mouth. He felt guilty. So he also stood up, not completing his food, bowed at Ara and Chiwon, mumbling a "sorry" and washed up before taking slow and steady steps upstairs.

Ara has already told Chenle that he'd be sharing Jisung's room as it'll be easier for him to adjust and get along well, that it'd be good for him to have a companion, and his luggage is also there so Chenle went to Jisung's room.

Ara and Chiwon both watched them in worry.

"I don't know how Jisung will react now. They were doing fine, getting along well just this morning and in the evening, now..." Chiwon spoke in a worried tone and sighed. "Jisung hates talking about this matter."

"I know I'm worried too but I think they will be fine. Maybe Chenle has pushed the motivated button on Jisung's brain, I can feel it. Don't worry, you should finish your food now." Ara gave a worried smile at her husband.

Chiwon sighed again and they continued to eat.

Chenle knocked on Jisung's door.

As Jisung heard the sound, he remembered that Chenle will be staying in his room. He sighed. He can't be mad at this new boy, he was right. He knew he was stubborn about not wanting to take classes, he also knew if he doesn't practice then he'd not be able to fulfill his dream of becoming a chef. He also knew if he doesn't contact anyone about this matter he'll not move forward. Yet he was stubborn. No he definitely wasn't lazy, he always helps his mom in the kitchen and some days he himself even makes all of the (basic) food for his parents but that's all for cooking. When he was thinking all these, he heard knocking again and sighed again.

"Come in." Jisung spoke, but despite not wanting to, he sounded cold.

Chenle slowly opened the door and entered the room. He saw Jisung sitting on the edge of the bed, his back facing the door of the room, legs dangling in the air (probably), he was sitting there facing the window.

Chenle walked and stood beside Jisung, not closely but at the corner of the bed, looking at the boy.

He watched Jisung as Jisung kept staring outside through the window. Minutes passed and Chenle gulped before speaking, "I'm sorry."

Then Jisung turned his head and looked back at Chenle. He saw guilt in the boy's eyes. He was confused as to why would Chenle feel guilty. Chenle was right, meanwhile he was the one who acted bratty. Now he felt guilty too.

-------------------------------

Published : 24-11-2020

Words: 720