32✧Departure - Closure

(departure)

"Can't you stay for longer?" Chenle asked his mother, his heart heavy as they have to leave again. For the past 2 days he and Chris have spent good times too. Chenle liked this man more than his own father and he would say that out loud with no regret, he is sweet, caring, understanding, open minded, modern and always asking him if he needed anything – he won't lie that he did feel annoyed at the man for over caring – as he would like to say it like that – but the man was ideal for his mother that he would agree.

"We'll come back here often Chenle, I promise you." Chris patted Chenle's head gently.

"But promises are broken often." Chenle muttered, he thought no one would hear him, but the people that were standing close to him, did anyways. Jisung's heart hurt after listening to what Chenle said but he didn't do nothing, after all Chenle's parents were present there.

"Oh my boy." Mei hugged her son tightly. "I'll come to visit you again, I promise you, and I have never broken my promises to you. You have to think about Chris' job too right!"

"I understand mom." Chenle hugged his mother back and looked at Chris over her shoulder, as if saying, 'Take care of her well.' And Chris assured him in the same way.

When they parted Chris cleared his throat a little nervously and called for Chenle, "Um Chenle?"

Chenle only looked at the man with a questioning gaze.

"Uh this feels awkward to say this..." The man was fidgeting. "But can I have a hug too?"

Chenle smiled at the man's nervousness and went to hug Chris, "Of course.. dad." He said after he hugged the man.

"You called me dad?" Chris felt his eyes watering after a while. Yes, Chenle first time called him dad despite they have known each other for 5 days now.

After Chenle let go, he asked, "Why? Aren't you? As much as I remember my mom did marry you as she told me.. unless..-"

"Oi are you doubting your mom?" Mei lightly bonked her son's head.

"No mom. I'm just.. stating facts!" Chenle defended himself, giggling a little.

"Very brave you've become young man!" Mei spoke and Chenle discreetly smiling looked straight at Jisung for a split second, the boy was standing behind Chenle's parents. Jisung of course caught the look and puffed his cheeks slightly - embarrassed, that action made Chenle think the lad was cute and he smiled a little more but immediately pushed the thought away to the back of his mind.

"We'll be heading now then?" Mei spoke and Chenle nodded, though he didn't want them to go, he had no other choice but to bid them goodbye.

The couple then turned to Jisung and Mei held the boy's face gently, "Take care," she turned to look at Chenle and turned back to Jisung again, "of yourself too hm?"

Jisung nodded and Mei smiled. Chris also gave him a warm smile.

Ara and Chiwon were already waiting for them in the car to drop them off to the airport.

(closure)

As Mei and Chris bid their final goodbyes and exited the house, Chenle closed the door and locked it. After that he made his way to Jisung' room.

"Oi you can't just go like that giving me a side eye like that there." Jisung followed Chenle, complaining about earlier.

"What? What are you talking about? What side eye?" Chenle decide to be oblivious.