27✧Happiness

It was one week before Christmas, yes 4 months have already passed. Chenle and Mei still called but their calls have become weekly instead of daily due to their own busy schedules. But Chenle was happy seeing his mother in good health for the past 3 months. He didn't know the reason for sure yet, but he was happy.

It was the day when Chenle and Mei was having another video call once again and the news Mei gave him, slightly shook Chenle.

His mom has re-married. It was an old friend of her and her previous husband.

Chenle felt mixed emotions. Sure he was happy because his mother's happiness is his happiness too, and he doesn't meddle with others happiness in general, so he was definitely happy. But he couldn't be sure if the man would treat her right. She has already gone through a lot. Sure she said that the man was an old friend but again, it has been years that Mei has visited her mother land. Had no contact with anyone of there and now she has re-married.

But again as long as his mom is happy, Chenle would be too. His mother's happiness is all that mattered to him after how they were treated in the past.

And Mei was beyond glad that despite not informing his son prior the marriage, he accepted her decision wholeheartedly. She was also glad that Chenle has spoken to her about his concern but she has assured him with good words.

This was all they had with each other. Good understanding and supportive.

"I have another news for you Lele." Mei spoke.

"Yes Mā?" Chenle asked with a smile on his face.

"I and Chris will visit you this Christmas and return here on the New Year."

Chenle was happier at the news. His face gleamed through speechlessness.

"You aren't joking right?" He said with excitement after a while.

Mei shook her head with a smile.

"Wow I can't believe! That I'll be seeing you again just after 5 days!" Chenle's eyes were pooling with tears.

"Aww my baby don't cry. You shouldn't cry. Oh my god, how can I forget! I know how sensitive you can get some times and I never asked you this even for once all this time! Oh I'm such a bad mother. Baby you didn't lock yourself in their bathroom, did you??" Mei was concerned.

At that Chenle panicked a little. He has never lied to his mom but maybe this was the time, he didn't want her mother to worry and get sad over him.

He held his breath and shook his head, "I didn't."

"I can know Chenle, tell me you aren't lying to me. You did nothing of that sort right?" Mei asked again, her concern not faltering.

"No Mā I didn't." Chenle said firmly.

Mei squinted her eyes at her son, which made Chenle giggle and Mei smiled. She didn't push the question any farther knowing her son won't budge from the current answer.

"So? Say how you are getting along with the Park's."

"Ah you ask that every time." Chenle whined. "It's alright mom, they are really good, everyone is sweet to me. Though I still lack in communicating with them a little." Chenle thought for a second, "And Mrs. and Mr. Park really misses you. They always say, you just came that day and went again, this time miles away in a different country."

"Ah I'm really sorry my boy. But tell them that I'll be visiting soon and also stay there for a week and also don't forget to mention that I'll be bringing Chris over with me." She giggled.

"You're in love mom."

"Oh shut it you kid."

They both laughed out loud with heartfelt happiness.

"Okay then I'll be going now. Need to pack and stuff you know." Mei informed.

"Hmm sure, see you soon."

They smiled at each other and disconnected the call after.

Chenle was still smiling. He looked up at the starry night sky sitting in a bench the Park's garden had. He'll be seeing his mother soon again, very soon. He noticed Jisung looking at him through his room's window.

They both were then looking at each other for a while before both of them smiled at each other gently.

---------------------------------

Published : 16-12-2020

Words: 742

so almost no ChenSung in this chapter :p

but anyways don't forget to vote -.-

-