Chapter 3

Hello darkness, my old friend.
**

I drove straight to the bar. I wanted nothing more than to drink my fucking father out of my memories.

"Cece," the bartender smiled at me, "mi amore, how are you baby girl?"

I sat on the stool at the end of the bar, away from the other regular patrons. I didn't want to be like them, even though I knew I was pretty much headed down that road.

"I'm good Tony. How're you?" I smiled back, taking my jacket off and laying it on my lap.

"Oh, I can't complain. What can I get for you tonight babe?" he asked, wiping his hands on his bar towel.

"I'll take a jack and coke and also a shot of patron please."

He watched me momentarily, knowing that I wasn't okay but he wouldn't ask. We have an unspoken rule in our friendship. Don't ask questions, just let the other drink. He poured me a large jack and coke and set down my shot next to it with a lime. I smiled and grabbed the salt. Licking my hand, I poured the salt on it, licked it followed by downing the shot and immediately sucked on the lime. Tony was there pouring another quickly before going to attend to the other patrons.

I was scrolling through my phone when I felt someone sit down next to me on the closest bar stool. I didn't glance up as I did my next tequila shot, smacking down the glass.

"Damn, that was sexy as fuck," the unknown male says.

I look up emotionless and stare at the man. He has piercing blue eyes, dark hair, his beard is trimmed perfectly and his jaw line is strong. My eyes roam down to his upper half, noticing his muscles in the jacket as well as the little bit of chest hair that is peaking out through his unbuttoned shirt.

"Like what you see angel?" he smirked at me, raising an eyebrow up.

I snapped out of my staring, smiled quickly and turned back to my phone.

"What's your name sweetheart?" he asked, not leaving me alone.

I pretended to ignore him. I felt his hand brush against my arm, causing me to flinch slightly.

Weakness. Fuck.

He chuckled next to me and it was beautiful. I rolled my eyes at myself, waving for Tony to come over. He poured me another shot which I slammed down. I quickly pulled out my cash and laid it out on the bar before hopping down off the stool. I pulled my coat over my arms and headed for the door. I was somewhat aware of the person following me closely out the door but it was hard for me to guesstimate how close he was due to the alcohol. As I was hit by the cold air, I felt strong arms come around me from behind. I stood still momentarily before reaching to my waist and pulling my gun out. I was quick as I turned around, pointing the barrel at the stranger that was next to me previously.

He looked amused, which pissed me the fuck off more. I glared at him.

"Shoot me if you're going to sweetheart, because you won't get the chance again," he dared me, eyeing me curiously.

When I didn't pull the trigger, he stepped closer to me, slowly with that fucking irresistable smirk on his face. I wanted to smack it the fuck off his gorgeous face. Damn tequila.

I felt the air leave my lungs as he stopped right in front of me, our toes touching and he leaned down to my height. I could smell the leather from his jacket, the alcohol on his breath, the faint smell of stale cigarettes and his cologne. He was too close.

I shivered slightly as he leaned in closer, smirking before pressing his lips onto mine. My hand still holding my gun, lowered slowly as I allowed his kiss. He grabbed a hold of my face gently, bringing my body closer to his as he molded his mouth to mine. Biting down on my lip, I gasped and he took the opportunity to slip his tongue in, causing me to moan.

After a few minutes, he stood back up and stared at me. That fucking smug ass smirk on his face. I wanted to smack the shit out of that face. He stroked my cheek with his fingers and I vaguely heard him speak to me.

"Angel," he said again, snapping me back into reality, "what is your name?"

I eyed him curiously before responding, "Cecelia." I didn't say anything more as I put my gun back in my waist band and turned to head towards my car. I didn't care who he was, I had to get the fuck out of there before I caught some type of fucking feelings.

Fuck me, I breathed out as I started my car and headed towards home.