Chapter 5

Blood red sky overhead; my dark side is coming so you better play dead
**

The bar was packed. Not my scene to be honest but if I wanted to hang out with my ONLY friend, I needed to get through it.

I saw a group of girls standing at the bar, gawking at Tony as he poured martinis. Rolling my eyes, I shoved past everyone and climbed onto my usual seat. He looked up from his drinks he was making and smiled at me before going back to what he was doing. I know what you're thinking, that Tony and I are an item, but no. We tried a year or two ago and found that it was best that we stayed friends. Not that we didn't occasionally fuck to get what we needed, but it was a strict friends with benefits situation. I had no feelings for him romantically, just that he was my best friend and that I would kill anyone for him.

One of the girls in front of him batted her lashes at him and squeezed her tits up so he would give her a free drink. He smiled and shook his head, handing her and the other girls their drinks. I rolled my eyes at them as he walked over to me.

"Hey baby girl. What you in the mood for tonight?" he smiled at me.

"Shot of patron and a seven and seven, T," I replied smiling back.

He poured my drinks and went back to the other guests. I don't think I've ever seen this bar as full as it is now. I sighed and downed my shot before sipping on my other drink.

"Well, we meet again, angel."

I turned and came face to face with the beautiful asshole who kissed me the other day. I stared at him for a moment and turned back to my drink. I felt him sit down next to me and I glanced at him to see him smiling at me.

After a few minutes, when I knew he wasn't going to leave me alone, I turned to face him slightly.

"What's your name?" I asked, eyeing him curiously.

He smirked at me, taking a swig of his beer, before responding, "Gabriel."

I nodded at his response before taking another sip of my drink.

"What do you want from me Gabriel?" I asked bluntly. I didn't shy away like other women and I didn't fall at mens feet.

His fucking smirk grew wider and I wanted to punch him so fucking hard. Like break my hand hard. Rolling my eyes, I turned back to face the bar, glancing around for Tony.

I felt Gabriels' hand touch me as he moved a stray strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"What makes you think I want something from you, angel?" he asked slyly.

"Call it intuition? Call it common sense? Call it I'm not a fucking moron?" I bit out at him, causing him to chuckle.

Fuck his chuckle.

Tony came from the kitchen and walked over to me, looking somewhat disappointed.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry. Tiana just called in. Her kid is sick right now and she has no one to watch him so I can't hang tonight," he said.

I sighed, nodding in acceptance and smiled at him, "it's okay T. Maybe another night then."

I reached for my cash and placed it on the bar, still aware of Gabriel watching me and my interaction with Tony. I glanced at him briefly before adjusting my jacket and heading towards the door, very much aware of Gabriel behind me.

"What is going on with you and the bartender?" he asked curiously, watching my reaction, unaware of the fact that I am able to keep my emotions hidden, unlike other girls.

"What business is it of yours?" I asked harshly.

"Because angel, I'm trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time on you or not," he responded.

"Wasting your time? What makes you think I'm even interested in you?" I bit out.

He rolled his fucking eyes at me. God damnit I wanted to smack him.

Maybe I have anger issues, I thought to myself.

"Angel, I can tell right now that you're thinking about me. Even if it's you hitting me is what is on your mind, I know I have some affect on you. I know you want it. You probably touched yourself to that kiss we had the other day," he said, watching me closely.

I froze and my walls fell for a milisecond, before slamming back up but I knew he saw the reaction. Fuck my life. He smirked at me as he stepped closer to me, putting his hands on my waist, breathing in the scent of my hair before trailing kisses down from my ear to my collar bone. I moaned quietly, but he heard it. He snickered against my skin before standing back up and dropping his hands from my waist. Stepping back, he raised an eyebrow at me and asked again, "now, what is going on with you and the bartender, angel?"

"N-nothing," I stuttered out. Goddamint. "We're just friends." Why the fuck was I telling him this?!

I groaned internally as I watched him smile at me and reach his hand out. He brushed his fingers along my cheek, trailing it under my chin and forcing my chin up so he could look me square in the eyes.

"Good. Now keep it that way angel, or else. I always get what I want," he stated, dropping his hand and walking away.

Mother fucker.