Chapter 4

It's not your fault that you're always wrong, the weak ones are there to justify the strong.
**

I read through the details again of what I needed to do, where I needed to be and when I needed to be there. My father had been calling periodically to make sure to remind me of the big fucking mistake I was and to hint ever so slightly that if I fucked this up, no one would find me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I pulled the trigger again and again. I had destroyed all of my targets over the past few days. My bullet supply was dwindling and I knew I needed to make a trip before I had to meet Mr. Lorenzo, Damien.

He was definitely a quiet, suffer in silence man. His eyes were beautiful and deadly. I admit I thought about him a few times as I enjoyed my vibrator. This was typically followed by me thinking about the beautiful stranger that kissed me that night outside of the bar. Fucking men.

I clipped out my last few rounds before tossing the gun to the ground and lighting up a cigarette. Picking up my phone, I scrolled down to Tonys' number and hit it. I needed  some human interaction. I didn't have girls as friends. I couldn't stand the whiny shit. The only girl I could stand was my younger sister Amelia, the light of the fucking family. Although I loved her, I still hated her. She got away with everything and wasn't forced to be a ruthless killer like I was at such a young age. She did't have to partake in any of the family business and it killed me. Why did I have to? Why did I get forced to kill other people? Why was I beaten to within an inch of my life on numerous occasions while she was at home, curled up in her bed, happy and oblivious to life? It just made me think that my own parents hated me. Scratch that, that my father hated me. My mother passed away a few years after Amelia was born from an aneurysm. Maybe it's because I look just like her that my father hates me. Seeing me brings out all of his memories of her and the love they shared.

I took the last drag of my smoke as Tony answered, "hey baby girl." I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"Hey T," I breathed out, smiling, "wanna hang out?"

"I'd love to Cece but it'll have to be after I get off. Tiana comes in at eleven to take over my shift. If you want to come hang at the bar until I get done," he said.

I sighed, not wanting to run into that handsome stranger again, but also not wanting to be stuck here alone again with all my thoughts.

"Sounds good T. I'll be there in 20," I hung up and headed towards my back door, flicking my cigarette butt into the ash tray.

Lets just hope to high heaven that that man is not there.