Chapter 9

Feed the flame 'cause we can't let it go
**

I groaned and rolled over in my bed. My body hurt, my throat hurt, my pride hurt, my confidence hurt. Every. Fucking. Thing. Hurt. I turned to face my night stand that had a glass of water and pain killers sitting on it. Grabbing them both, I took a pill and downed the glass of water. It had been almost a week since being released from the hospital and you would think that I would start to feel better, but I didn't. I felt like fucking shit.

I shuffled to the edge of the bed, preparing to sit up to head to the bathroom. As I was readying myself to stand, a voice spoke, scaring the shit out of me.

"Where do you think you're going angel?" Gabriel said, sternly.

I snapped my head around to face him. What the fuck was he doing in here. I told him and Damien that I would be fine but neither of them fucking listened to me. They practically insisted that I go to their home so someone would be there to assist me if I needed anything. I completely refused but I don't think they've ever been told no ever in their fucking lives. They literally acted as if I hadn't spoken at all and continued driving past my road and towards their home. Fucking men. When I tried to climb out of the car, they scolded me. Damien lifted me into his arms and carried me up to the bedroom.

I mean, I will admit I enjoyed breathing his cologne.

But I've never been one to accept help and I didn't appreciate being treated as helpless. I'm lucky they allowed me to shower without their assistance but they made sure that there was a maid in the ajoining bedroom in case I needed anything while in there.

"I have to fucking pee Gabriel," I groaned out, trying to stand as I stumbled slightly, ready to faceplant as Gabriels' hand caught me.

"Tsk tsk angel. You need to be more careful," he growled at me.

I rolled my eyes at him and he in turn smirked at me.

"One day angel, when you're better, I'm going to enjoy punishing you for all the eye rolling and dirty words that come out of your mouth," he stated, staring me dead in the eyes.

My eyes widened at him. I can't believe he just fucking said that.