Chapter 11

damien.

Today I'm thinkin' about the things that are deadly
**

Gabriel and I were seated at the table waiting for dinner to be served. It was 6:55 and I was unsure if she would actually come down to join us. She kept to herself up in the room we put her in. Seeing her in the kitchen this morning was the first time I had seen her wandering around. Not that I hadn't sneaked into her room to watch her in the middle of the night. I know Gabriel had done the same because one of the nights as I was getting ready to go in there, I saw him sneak out of her room.

"Ahem," I glanced up as I heard her clearing her throat. She looked stunning. She was wearing a thigh high light blue dress that made her beautifully tanned skin pop out. It accentuated her curves and made her brown eyes stand out strong. She had her hair up on the top of her head with strands framing her face. She walked over to the seat next to me and across from Gabriel. My dick twitched slightly as she walked closer to me, her breasts bouncing with every step.

I breathed in and out deeply, smelling the cherry blossom body wash that was emanating from her skin. Fucking Christ, she's going to be the death of me.

I saw Gabriel smirk out of the corner of my eye as she sat down. Shaking my head, I grabbed my glass and took a swig of whiskey, the liquid burning my throat slightly.

"So, what's for dinner?" she asked, glancing between Gabriel and I.

"Sirloin steak topped with shrimp, asparagus and mashed potatoes," I stated firmly.

She moaned in delight, "sounds delicious!"

I groaned internally.

The food was served moments later and I watched her eyes light up as she stared at the plate of food that was placed in front of her. She didn't hesitate to dig in, not caring about eating in front of us like some women did.

She hummed as she chewed her food, a smile forming on her face. She was a literal angel.

"This is amazing," she said as she bit into her asparagus.

"I'm glad you like it," Gabriel responded, smiling at her as he watched her eat too.

She put her fork down and took a sip of her wine before bringing her eyes to meet mine. After a few moments of looking back and forth between Gabriel and I, she spoke again.

"So...," she trailed off. "Do you guys live here all by yourselves?"

I nod as Gabriel responds, "yes, well besides the maids and cook."

She nods in understanding.

"How old are you guys?" She asks.

I had just taken a sip of my whiskey when she spoke. Swallowing harshly before I responded, "We are about to be 30 at the end of the month. How old are you little one?"

She shivered at the name I called her, "I turned 25 this past October. Wait, so you're twins? Who is older?"

Gabriel rolled his eyes next to me, "Damien here is older by 2 whole minutes. But you would think that he's much older than me with how he acts."

That earned us the enticing sound of her giggle to break through from her lips. I could listen to her all day.

We sat in silence for a moment before she put her napkin on the table.

"Well, I appreciate dinner guys," she stated, pushing her chair back and standing.

She started to walk away when she stumbled slightly. I was quick to move next to her and grab hold of her waist. She leaned on me for support before trying to stand again and walk without assistance but she stumbled again.

Waving a hand to her face she spoke, "I feel so lightheaded and dizzy. I'm not sure why."

Without hesitation, I picked her up and began walking out of the room. She protested slightly but I ignored her as she rest her head against my shoulder. Laying her down in her bed, I covered her up as she smiled up at me before closing her eyes.

As I was walking out I heard a faint voice, "thank you."

Smiling to myself, I walked out of her room and headed for my office. As I started going through documents for my next shipment, I heard the ping of my phone go off.

Opening my messages, I had one new one from Dominic, our bodyguard/hit-man. In the screen staring back at me was a picture of a big time cartel member, Alejandro Becerra.

Fuck. I typed out a message to Gabriel quickly telling him to come to the office but quietly so to not disturb Cecelia.

We had to make this man pay.