Chapter 13

Sick of living down on my knees
**

It has been an interesting week at Damien and Gabriels to say the least. Damien definitely still had a wall in place, but he seemed to show his emotional side on occasion when I would wince in pain as I walked or when I had gotten lightheaded as I was standing up from the table and almost fallen, he grabbed hold of me gently and placed me firmly next to him, escorting me back to my room.

It was weird. I felt like I had overstayed my welcome though by the end of the week. I needed to take leave and get back to my normal life. I still hadn't endured the wrath of my father, which honestly surprised me. I figured he would've been there the moment I woke up at the hospital to scold me and possibly put a pillow over my head for some 'pillow therapy.' Meaning, putting a pillow over my face until I was fucking dead.

My bag was packed and I had one of the maids place it in the car. I went to Damiens office and knocked, no answer. I pushed the door open but it was empty. Walking towards his desk, I felt like I should at least leave a note. Wouldn't need two strong, powerful men freaking the fuck out that I had disappeared without notice. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed a pen and what I thought was a scrap piece of paper. I was wrong though. The paper showed the picture of a man that I recognized. My breathing picked up and I was fuming within minutes. My eyes darkened and I glared at the smug picture of this motherfucker who fucking shot me.

I folded the paper in two and tucked it in my pocket before writing a quick note for Damien and Gabriel.

Walking out of the office, I took some deep breaths.

I'm coming for you Alejandro Becerra.

The driver dropped me off at my home and I went inside to throw my bag down in my room before going to my kitchen for some tequila. Afterwards, I went to catalog how much ammunition I had. I had enough rounds for some practice as well as taking this prick out of the fucking world. I wanted to watch him bleed, begging for his life before I snatched the light from his fucking eyes.

I loaded my handgun and walked out back to my practice range. Lighting a cigarette, I raised the gun and fired. I fired repeatedly, reloading quickly, until my body was quivering from the rage, anxiety and emotions that I had bottled up for years. I was pissed. I was pissed that I was never good enough for my father, bang, the fact that I felt something for these two men, bang, the fact that I was fucking shot, bang, the fact that I completely fucked up AGAIN and would never hear the end of it from my father, bang, the fact that I needed my mother and she was dead, bang, the fact that fucking Alejandro Becerra thought he could get away with fucking shooting me, bang.

I dropped to my knees, the sobs that needed to be released shuttering from my lungs.

I was unaware of the footsteps that were approaching me as I sobbed endlessly. What the fuck was happening to me.

I made no attempt to move as strong arms wrapped around me from both sides. I continued sobbing as Gabriel picked me up and I buried my head against his shoulder, the sobs never ending. I moved to wipe the tears from my eyes as I saw Damien walking along side us, staring at me with concern. Damien opened the sliding back door leading into my house and closed and locked it. Setting me on the counter, Gabriel reached for a wash cloth, wet it and washed the tear stains off my face. I stared in his blue eyes and then glanced into Damiens' hazel eyes.

"What do you guys want from me?" I blurted out.